At Photobox group, we’re here to help turn photos - from the everyday quick snap to the precious, once-in-a-lifetime event - into the most thoughtful gifts....We help customers tell their stories.
We need leaders who thrive on driving their teams to deliver amazing experiences for our customers and continually think about what our customers want next so we can be their to deliver it for them
We’re a place for self starters and free thinkers. We work nimbly and react quickly to changing circumstances. We believe in working together to solve problems, learn new things and share knowledge.
We are looking for a Director of Product Innovation to shape the future of our physical product strategy. You'll be a customer advocate and have a eye for customer and design trends and how best to apply these in the digital commerce space.
You'll be a great team player with a proven ability to lead multiple teams to an aligned customer focused product delivery strategy and act as the end to end business leader for our physical product proposition.
What You’ll Be Doing
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & MEASURES:
- Responsible for working with your team, Innovation (New Product Design & New Product Industrialisation) to define and execute the forward looking roadmap of products across the Photobox group of Brands that inspire our customers and deliver budgeted revenue.
- Work cross functionally to continuously improve our digital customer experience to maximise our physical product offering.
- Executing Innovation strategy. Planning & engaging with product launch stakeholders across the business to implement the strategy for product & project innovation.
- Align our product development efforts with clear commercial objectives, ranging strategies and pricing policies.
- Provide a structured, customer focused, data driven framework for product design that doesn’t inhibit creativity or innovation, but ensures good market fit and sound commercial P&Ls for our products. Using business established product scoring & definitions.
- Timeline Management - Run the physical product development process from concept to launch including concept design, prototyping and feasibility assessments, go/no go based on overall product P&L and customer feedback and rollout in factories and/or outsourcers. Engage the wider organisation in the appropriate parts of the process.
- Be the ambassador for quality expectations, competitor benchmarking and driving constant improvements in customer satisfaction. Contribute towards, Investigating quality issues raised through CS.
- Manage department budget including forecasts, sales targets and all cost including travel & entertainment, research, competitor shopping and commissioning of design etc.
- Coordinate with content, brand and marketing teams to drive all product marketing activity by feeding into briefs for relevant teams, ensuring the right level of focus and supplying insight and content as required (standard/gold/hero).
- Build excellent relationships with all teams.
- Ability to navigate blockers and creatively define solutions to complex issues.
- Strong background in Physical product development & manufacturing.
- Strong background in retail - bricks and mortar and/or ecommerce.
- Understanding of digital product development across all ecommerce platforms (app, desktop).
- Highly commercial, results orientated with proven track record of delivering high volume, profitable products to market
- Line management of small teams of creative individuals & project managers.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering high quality products to market that create an inspiring proposition for customers.
- Work in a structured and organised way. Experience setting up and running creative processes.
- Experience with working alongside multiple stakeholder teams.
- Experience within creative & physical product development team.
- Working on multiple projects at the same time
- An exceptional communicator in both written and presentation forms.
- Evidenced successful senior stakeholder management experience up to Board level –comfortable presenting, rationalising decisions and positively influencing strategic business decisions.
On top of a competitive salary we also offer a great benefits package too, including:
- Yearly bonus
- Working in our spacious offices in the heart of Farringdon (when we're back)
- Work from home, flexible hours and maternity and paternity pay to support parent
- Access to our learning platform
- Funded wellbeing - including discounted gyms, yoga and bootcamps in the office (when we're back)
- Healthcare, dental and life assurance
- Workplace pension scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Mental health and wellbeing support available 24/7
- Coffee machine and fresh fruit in the office (when we're back)
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join the team
- Games in the office, including table tennis and table football (when we're back)
- Credit to spend each year on Photobox
- 25 days of holiday a year (excluding public holidays) increasing each year up to 30