Afterpay is transforming the way we pay by allowing customers to receive products immediately and pay for their purchases over four installments, always interest-free. The service is completely free for customers who pay on time - helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt!
Afterpay is offered by more than 55,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. In the U.S. more than 5 million customers use Afterpay and is offered by more than 15,000 of the top fashion and beauty retailers across the country - including Anthropologie, Forever 21, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay. Our U.S. headquarters are located at the heart of the retail and business district in San Francisco, California.
Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
We’re looking for a Director of Product Management, Retail to create a bar-raising omnichannel consumer shopping experience that drives sales and creates value for our merchant partners. The primary focus of this role will be on driving growth for Afterpay’s in-store payment option by deeply understanding consumer and merchant needs (both at HQ & on the sales floor). As the leader of our Retail product team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an immediate impact and influence many aspects of the growing business.
The ideal candidate will take their years of best-in-class product experience and apply an entrepreneurial approach to defining experiences and driving growth for Afterpays in-store product. You have launched and scaled global consumer products and are comfortable working cross-functionally to define customer value propositions and create great UX.
• Work with business leaders, designers, user researchers, engineers, data scientists and other PMs to define and launch our next wave of innovative capabilities, with a focus on creating uniquely Afterpay and bar-raising omnichannel experiences across markets
• Own the development and execution of a product roadmap that addresses new customer and revenue growth opportunities head-on
• Align product roadmap development with consumer & merchant experience objectives and business needs, working cross functionally with internal stakeholders including marketing, creative, sales, legal, regulatory, sales, customer service, integrations, and operations in addition to merchant partners
• Understand customer journeys online and in the physical world. Write great user stories, epics and acceptance criteria to guide teams, and ensure optimization for top of funnel growth, revenue, engagement and retention
• Demonstrate familiarity with device and OS capabilities and how they can unlock innovative use cases
• Partner with Payments leadership to understand how our in-store solutions interact with payment systems and how innovation in payments can improve our in-store experience
Define program for prototyping, user-testing and creating MVPs to allow us to intelligently manage risk in new features
• Define program for A/B testing production features to validate effectiveness and drive iterative improvement post-launch
• Work with dev leads on planning and sprint process
• Build and manage a team of other PMs to develop new features and capabilities
• BS or BA (Computer Science or related preferred), MBA or advanced degree helpful
• 10+ years of product management experience
• Proven success delivering results in high-growth environments, specifically delivering innovative consumer experiences on iOS and Android
• Excellent leadership skills with experience working across global markets and with geographically dispersed teams. Previous experience directly managing a team of at least 5 people
• Strong collaborator. Ability to build relationships at all levels across the company and really learn what drives the business
• A passion for retail, with your finger on the pulse of the latest technology and trends in the space. Beyond this, experience in ecommerce, digital marketing and with point-of-sale systems is very helpful
• Experience driving A/B testing strategies and knowledge of relevant tools
• Experience with functional prototyping for discovery using tools like Figma and InVIsion
• Be brave. Be curious. Be cool. Be humble. A sense of humor, a willingness to laugh at danger and an appreciation of the ironic are all pluses
What We Offer
• Competitive compensation packages
• Medical, Dental, Vision insurance (100% covered!)
• Fun virtual company events & collaborative team
• Supportive, laid-back environment
• Award winning culture
How to Apply
If you are brave, if you are committed to doing the right thing, if you always keep it real, and your background matches the description above then please apply today!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.