Smartcar is on a mission to make it easy for everyone to use the apps and services they love with their car. We build developer-friendly APIs which makes it easy for businesses to integrate their products with vehicles of any brand using a single integration.
Founded in 2015, Smartcar has raised $36M from Andreessen Horowitz, New Enterprise Associates, and Energize Ventures. We are now the leading developer platform for mobility businesses across North America and Europe serving amazing customers including brands like British Petroleum (BP), Turo, NRG, and more.
Innovative mobility companies use our API platform to verify mileage, issue digital car keys, manage EV charging, monitor fleets, and much more.
As Smartcar’s first Director of Product, you will take the responsibility for the product function by leading a team of product managers, product designers, and BI analysts. You will work with your team, other leaders at Smartcar, and the founders to iterate on our product strategy and our product roadmap. You will have a key role helping navigate Smartcar, a venture-backed Series B company, through its growth stage and will be reporting directly to the CEO and co-founder Sahas Katta.
This role is remote within the United States. We’d love for you to join us!
- Own the product strategy and roadmap for a suite of products & facilitate alignment on a compelling product vision
- Deliver results for our customer and our business working across teams to deliver ongoing successful product market fit
- Manage the Product Team, including Product Designers and Product Managers
- Help products have a healthy ecosystem in which to thrive (developers, partners, customers, and online communities)
- Have ownership of all data metrics for Smartcar. In future, work with the recruiting team on a future Business Intelligence hire.
- Ability to dynamically react to changing market needs, including ability to structure and develop new features.
- Serve as the face of product with customers
Who You Are
- 5+ years in Product Management as an individual contributor
- 3+ years in a leadership role, hiring, onboarding, mentoring, and managing direct reports
- Experience leading product at a venture-backed company entering and navigating through growth-stage
- Experienced or has rich understanding of enterprise SaaS, including even developers tools
- Engineering background or experience working with a developer product, preferred
- Experienced owning data metrics, and being involved in design
- Revenue & Profit mindset
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Base salary determined by years of experience: $170,000 - $195,000
- Remote work within United States
- Health, Dental and Vision covered at 90% for all plans and 80% coverage for dependents, which amounts to approximately $11,000 a year
- 401K matching at 4%
- Unlimited PTO and 10 days of paid holidays
- Wellness stipend of $50 a month
- Cell phone and Internet stipend of $50 a month
- $300 yearly learning and development stipend
- $350 work-from-home stipend
- 8 weeks of 100% paid parental leave with a 1-week half day ramp back time and a 5 week Freshly subscription
- 10 days of paid bereavement leave
- We do not currently support any new sponsorship opportunities or sponsorship transfers for this role
Recruiter For This Role
- You are free to work standard work hours for your time zone.
One important note: Please be expected to be available during the working hours of your direct reports. Most of our meetings are between the hours of 9AM and 4PM PT, but it is possible some of your direct reports may have different standard work hours for their time zone.
Smartcar is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to reach out, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org with how we can help make your interview process as comfortable as possible and how we can provide reasonable accommodations.