Public radio and podcasting are at a moment of tremendous change and promise. PRX is at the epicenter of the audio revolution, bridging broadcast, digital and mobile with a portfolio of exceptional programs including PRI’s The World, The Takeaway, Reveal, The Moth Radio Hour, On Being, This American Life and the Radiotopia podcast network.
PRX is looking for a seasoned producer and manager with a sharp sense of story, experience building a creative team and a sophisticated understanding of the podcast landscape. If you are someone who is comfortable with talent, technology and the business dynamics that are shaping the on-demand audio landscape then this is the opportunity for you.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in all aspects of program management including goal setting, budgeting, project reporting, leading and directing a team, audio and editorial quality, collaboration and content development. We want someone with creative vision, ambition and an ability to successfully accomplish that vision.
Success is measured by:
- An ability to lead and manage a creative team to develop engaging and groundbreaking content
- Launching ambitious content projects and delivering them on time and on budget
- Making significant contributions to PRX's content strategy across the organization
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create proposals and budgets for creative projects
- Grow a strong business unit related to PRX productions
- Lead a creative team to develop podcasts and audio content that will include ad production, co-productions and originals
- Build a creative team of full-time staff and contract professionals
- Provide editorial direction on podcast, series, and episode concepts
- Engage collaboratively with production partners and clients
- Lead all aspects of audio production
- Develop an efficient workflow for creative ads, bonus content and all audio projects big and small
- Support audience growth and engagement initiatives
- Contribute creatively to PRX’s content strategy across the organization
- At least 7+ years of writing and producing successful podcasts and / or radio programs
- A passion for innovative stories and impactful content
- An ability to juggle multiple concurrent projects
- A proven track record of meeting financial goals, managing a budget and setting key business objectives
- Experience launching productions from scratch and collaborating on making existing programs better
- An ability to foster strong partnerships
- Demonstrated experience building, leading and maintaining a strong creative team
- A natural problem-solver
- A team player with an ability to communicate effectively across functional teams, clients, colleagues and others
- Highly organized and able to meet weekly deadlines
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills
This position is based in Boston. PRX employees are offered health, dental and life insurance benefits, short- and long-term disability, a 401k retirement plan, and paid vacation and parental leave.
Our Commitment To Diversity
We want our team to reflect the wide diversity of our country, and we strongly encourage POC and LGBTQ candidates to apply. We're committed to structuring our hiring process and company to be welcoming to applicants of all backgrounds.
PRX is an equal opportunity employer.