NRG is a leading global insights and strategy firm at the confluence of content, culture, and technology. We stay ahead of what’s next, providing fresh insights to spark new ideas. We’re a trusted partner to our clients, working behind the scenes to bring imagination, depth, and clarity to their biggest challenges—in entertainment, technology, lifestyle, sports, and gaming. Together, we create with confidence.
We’re proud of our company’s values – these values guide us as we navigate sunny days, gray skies and everything in between:
- Do what you love. With conviction.
- Where discovery lives. And impact drives.
- Celebrate difference. Cultivate belonging.
- Big thinking. Collectively inspired.
- Embrace the journey. Be human.
We are looking for a hands-on Director of Quality Assurance that will ensure code is of the utmost quality, best practices are implemented and followed, and ultimately ensure the delivery of quality products by the software engineering and QA teams.
You must be a technologist, possess a true passion for problem solving, and be a subject-matter-expert in the execution of product testing and ensuring the utmost quality. You will be responsible for establishing and enforcing quality standards within the firm.
Close collaboration and alignment with a wide variety of both internal stakeholders and external vendors will be a critical part of this role. As such, we are looking for someone with an exceptional ability to build and maintain strong working relationships along with organizational savvy. High level communication and presentation skills are also critical. The ability to attract, retain, and develop talent will be critical.
- Manage and facilitate release communication between QA, data engineering, software engineering, and client services teams
- Ensure a good testing infrastructure is in place and being followed for all products developed by the engineering team
- Demonstrate knowledge of software development practices and automation skills by adapting to the testing needs of the products and implement creative testing solutions
- Build automation framework and test bed
- Build KPIs and reporting for QA and engineering teams
- Help create and implement testing process using industry best practices
- Manage and facilitate release communication between QA, engineering, and client teams
- Write automation test scripts or manual testing as required
- Manage, attract, develop, and retain talent that will ensure highest standards of quality and excellence are being implemented
Our development environment:
- Postgres, Redshift
- Spring Boot
Who We’re Looking For
Required Technical Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in leading a Quality Assurance team
- 8+ years of experience testing web applications
- At least 2 years of experience writing code in java or any other objected oriented programming language
- Experience in API automation testing
- Experience writing automation frameworks from scratch
- Experience writing SQL queries and using PostgreSQL
- Experience testing web services
- Experience writing unit tests and/or coaching developers in writing good unit tests
- Working knowledge of agile/scrum methodologies and teams
- Experienced in functional test automation using Selenium
- Experienced in using version control software such as Gitlab, Tortoise SVN, etc.
- Experienced with continuous integration tools
Desired Technical Qualifications
- Experience with load testing
- Experience with the Jenkins continuous integration tool
- Experience testing data pipelines or data intensive systems
Your degree(s) – B.A./B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related field – or equivalent work experience.
Leadership acumen – You’re experienced at managing multiple, independent teams/disciplines.
Technical chops – You feel comfortable diving into the details and interacting with engineers and developers at all levels of seniority as required.
Management abilities – You effectively provide ongoing coaching and feedback, developing employees and identifying and managing risks.
Communicator and relationship builder – You’re adept at conveying technical complexity to non-technical team members.
Project management and organizational skills – You possess goal tracking, priority setting, and metrics competencies, supporting oversight of multiple concurrent project initiatives across the enterprise.
Analytic thinker – You solve complex problems, which support and enable sound decision making, and you have the desire to brainstorm future-thinking ideas.
Curious learner – You’re up to date on the latest best practices and technologies, are willing to experiment with new technologies.
This is a full-time, exempt position.
What We Offer
We embrace the current era of work and what it means to be a best-in-class employer. We understand the flexibility that is required to recruit and retain incredible talent, whether it’s empowering you to do your best work from the comfort of your home or supporting you if you need to take a mental health day for self-care and rest. Below is a unique blend of benefits tailored to meeting the ever-changing professional landscape.
- Flexible/Remote work with optional usage of our great offices in Playa Vista and New York
- Unlimited PTO, volunteer days and a generous number of recharge days including a full office closure during the week of Christmas and New Year’s
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K with company match
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Regular performance evaluations with opportunities for promotions and merit increases
- Educational and training reimbursement plan and other training and professional development opportunities
- Employee perks program (includes discounts on travel, hotels, cars, fitness, movie tickets and more)
- Resources available for mental health, inclusive care and family building
- NRGratitude – our company-wide employee recognition program
- Regular team/company events and activities including annual summer and holiday parties
- Pet friendly headquarters and pet insurance options
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is at the center of all our practices to ensure that NRG is a place where people from all identities and backgrounds can thrive. NRG is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse talent by supporting their growth through learning programs, internal mobility, affinity group participation and leadership development. Our differences make us a stronger workforce and enhance our creativity and innovation. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In order to comply with equal pay and salary transparency laws in various locations, we believe the target range of base compensation in all locations within the United States for this role is $130,000-$150,000. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and location.