Seeking a Quality Assurance leader to help develop, implement, and maintain an FAA certifiable and AS9100 certified Quality Management System. Develop, implement, and maintain our supplier base. Facilitate establishing processes for internal Quality Plans, PPAP submissions, and other methodologies. Candidate will have extensive knowledge of all the required standards and have demonstrated successful leadership in implementing a certified quality system and/or portions of a quality system in an Aerospace manufacturing environment. Experience setting up processes within an ERP system to support the production process and simplify the execution of compliant processes preferred.
- A quality leader to help develop, implement, and maintain FAA certification and AS9100 certified Quality Management System for a new aircraft manufacturing company.
- Build a culture of quality throughout the business by effectively communicating the why’s and how’s to the team.
- Assure quality products and processes are established and effectively implemented through quality standards, best industry practices, and testing materials or products.
- Develop, implement, and support a Supplier Management System.
- Lead all aspects of quality within the organization including; Quality Systems, Manufacturing Quality, Design Quality.
- Act as a liaison for FAA relations, (MRO) Support, Quality Product Support.
- Act as the Management Representative for the Company.
- Facilitate Registration, Customer, and other types of audits.
- Work with the quality team to continue developing BETA specific procedures and other maintained documented information that are flexible for a diverse set of sub-businesses.
- Facilitate this use and implementation of internal Quality Plans.
- Facilitate and participate as needed in implementing quality. procedures/processes both support functions as well as production processes.
- Maintains product quality by assuring quality policies and procedures and government requirements are compliant.
- Prepare product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends for continuous improvement.
- Conduct Management Reviews in compliance with specific Standard requirements.
- Continue to develop a quality assurance staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Ensure quality by planning, monitoring, and appraising process results.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
QMS Lead Qualifications/Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of AS9100D and FAA requirements
- Analytic skills
- Process oriented
- Engineering knowledge
- Collaboration skills
- Statistical techniques knowledge
- Product management skills
- Computer knowledge and skills
Education and Experience Requirements
- BA or BS in appropriate discipline
- Engineering background
- ASQ Certified Quality Manager (CQM) or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) desirable
- Knowledge of quality tools (e.g. Cpk., Gage R&R, FMEA, DOE, Sampling, 8D, and other methodologies)
- Supplier management experience
- Five years minimum experience in QA leadership role Manager/Director/VP
- Knowledge of safety requirements and legal standards
- Knowledge of quality system requirements related to the FAA, AS9100, etc.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Project Management and Analytics software
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (email@example.com). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.