About This Role
MM is growing quickly, and we're looking for someone to sit on our new People team and build a Recruiting function from scratch. We are a diverse group of retail, business and tech professionals, and you would be responsible for discovering and delivering the best talent solutions for each group. This position reports into the VP, People Operations. "Supportive," "collaborative," and "fun" are the most common words our team members use to describe our culture, and we're hoping you can lead our recruiting accordingly. Our hiring managers have a strong sense of ownership over their hires, and we're incredibly proud of the team we've built...but goodness, are we ready for an expert. Teach us!
What will you do?
- Create a recruiting department from scratch, adding support to your team along the way
- Roll up your sleeves and own the full cycle of recruiting, including sourcing and employment brand, screening and scheduling, and partnership with hiring managers to help define roles, design interview plans and make good hiring decisions
- Proactively build MM.LaFleur's brand as an incredible place to work, through advertising, events, PR, and the right networks
- Leverage established professional networks to build a pipeline, create a company presence in the right communities, and form the right relationships with third parties where needed
- Bring the special MM form of hospitality to our candidate experience, including onboarding
- Manage all hiring process, tracking and reporting (we're in Greenhouse, can you tell?)
What skills do you have?
- 8+ years recruiting experience, with a proven track record of successful hiring for critical roles
- 1-2 years of management experience
- Experience working at startups and/or retail environment preferred
- Familiarity and comfort with tech hiring is a plus (Engineering, Product, UX/UI)
- Experience recruiting creative and/or operations roles
- Prior experience building a team is helpful
- Implemented innovative approaches in sourcing and pipeline building strategies
- Comfortable with ambiguity and autonomy but can also be a collaborative team player
- Experience creating processes and implementing best practices (you really have to love process!)
- Ability to constantly multi-task and adapt, and to evangelize our culture at all times