Metromile is a start-up that is disrupting the $185 billion car insurance market by offering an entirely new model where the monthly bill is based on miles driven, paired with a smart driving app. Our product marries engineering and data science to deliver mobile technology, automotive telematics, and data-driven applications to make a car's data accessible and useful to modern drivers, including street sweeping alerts, trip stats, decoded check-engine lights, and car location. We aim to make car ownership as simple and affordable as it can be.
You could think of us as the David to the auto insurance industry's Goliath. Buckle up and get ready to drive with Metromile.
About the role
Reporting into the Head of Brand, you will drive ongoing retention analytics and marketing communications in order to continuously improve our engagement, retention, and lifetime value. To achieve this successfully, you’ll work cross-functionally with key partners including product, UX/design, data sciences, CRM, and marketing to both launch new initiatives and optimize existing ones.
- Build and maintain complex queries to extract and analyze extensive data sets from company operating systems.
- Develop and maintain formulas, templates and macros to combine, scrub and process data efficiently and consistently.
- Summarize, analyze and interpret data; explain trends and variances to support management decision making.
- Prepare complex reports and scorecards of key performance indicators (KPIs) for all levels of the company. Prepare compelling, accurate and illustrative reports with narratives, graphs and charts.
- Perform root cause analysis of scorecard data to identify enhancement opportunities.
- Prepare presentations for management
- Perform customer analysis, segment customers into meaningful and actionable cohorts, conduct
- A/B and multivariate tests, establish reporting infrastructure, track and analyze performance, and communicate out results
- Oversee existing retention marketing programs including email and referral as well as lead the effort to establish new programs.
- Concept new ways to engage and communicate with customer cohorts, partnering with the brand team to ensure communication is in line with the brand’s voice and fundamentals.
- You will be a key stakeholder and owner of our consumer journey map, working with internal teams to identify places in the customer journey where customers disengage, then develop strategies to pre-emptively identify, win back and retain those customers
- Manage, mentor, and develop our retention Email/CRM lead, helping them to enhance the end- to-end email marketing process, including concepting, creative, onboarding, triggered/transactional, and ad-hoc campaigns
- You will possess that rare blend of creativity and analytic thinking, allowing you to craft resonant, customer-centric messaging as well as use data to drive the when, where, and how you deploy and measure these communications.
- In addition to having sound strategic vision, you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and execute
- You operate as Leader with strong envisioning and influencing skills
- You commit to developing in-depth business savvy using that context and insight to inspire and guide your thinking
- You operate as someone who is outcome vs. process focused.
- You are agile and can helicopter up to envision big ideas and easily helicopter down to hammer out and execute the details
- You act as a business owner who holds themselves accountable for driving the business
- You believe in the power of people and strive to cultivate strong partnerships up, down, and across the organization
- 6+ years of demonstrated success in customer retention marketing roles.
- Results-driven with exceptional detail and knowledge around retention metrics.
- Previous experience managing teams and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Good understanding of database concepts and segmentation.
- Strategic retention focus and can suggest creative solutions in line with business objectives
- Proficient in Excel, SQL, Tableau
- Previous startup experience a big plus
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Benefits (health, dental, vision)
- Transportation and gym benefits
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- In office happy hour every Friday
- Monthly social events (trivia nights, skeeball, ropes course, etc)
- Mac equipment and ergonomic work station, customized to your specs