Classy is an online fundraising platform built for the most innovative and groundbreaking nonprofits in the world. Our goal is to not only help organizations raise more money online, but also help them interact and engage with supporters in creative ways they never deemed possible. Classy is a VC backed San Diego startup with triple-digit revenue growth and customer retention that beats the world’s top SaaS companies. We're the market leader in peer-to-peer fundraising, and our products are used by thousands of Social Impact organizations, including Oxfam America, World Food Program and Heifer International. Our team is still small, but we are hungry and hiring to meet the incredible demand of our clients.
We founded the Classy Awards in 2008, the largest philanthropic awards ceremony in the country celebrating the world’s top organizations and nonprofit leaders. We’ve recently partnered with the United Nations Foundation to help bring this incredible event to an entirely new level. It’s not enough just to provide nonprofits cutting edge technology; we need to ensure these organizations are being recognized for their passion and incredible work.
Our culture is and will always continue to be fun, exciting and performance oriented. Our nonprofit clients deserve a technology and a team that can help them achieve their goals and fund their programs and we’d love for you to be a part of it. To learn more, visit www.classy.org/careers.
Who we are looking for:
The Director of Sales will manage our inside sales team managers and will be accountable for the performance of approximately 80-90 inside sales professionals and 8-9 sales managers. The candidate should be a data driven and analytical sales leader with a proven track record of managing an inside sales teams in a SaaS environment. He/she must be driven on meeting revenue, operational and strategic goals as well as the professional growth, development and success of their team members. The Director will spend the majority of time working with both managers and salespeople to coach, counsel, and mentor them in all aspects of sales and sales management effectiveness. They will also provide timely and practical feedback to Senior Leadership for new and interesting go to market strategies.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Overseeing the sales execution strategies and tactics focused on quota attainment by the inside sales teams. This includes best practices in prospecting, managing and closing opportunities, and the skills related to presenting and positioning Classy as an industry leader.
- Experience successfully managing managers with a minimum team size of 10 Sales Development Reps (SDRs), and 10 Account Executives operating in an inside sales environment.
- Working with the senior leaders across the organization to identify strategies and tactics as well as developing a strategic business plan to successfully achieve the targeted sales objectives.
- Coaching and driving the sales team on a daily basis to achieve stated goals and quotas. This will be accomplished by measuring and monitoring prospecting and account activity, close rates, time-to-close data and pipeline and stage management.
- Master the the ability to demonstrate the software and best practices that enable our customers to easily see how the software can work in their unique environment.
- Drive accountability through performance management and commitment to sales coaching and development of every team member.
- “Leading from the front”: player-coach by consistently demonstrating, coaching and reinforcing the value proposition and consultative sales process; must be able to lead through motivation and positive reinforcement of desired behaviors while leveraging key metrics and coaching observations.
- Accurately forecast weekly, monthly and quarterly sales projections.
- Ensure quality of customer acquisition efforts through quality checks, observations and customer interactions.
- Attract, recruit, onboard and retain top sales talent in a proactive manner to ensure full staffing.
- Collaborate with peer groups and leadership to share best practices as well as problem solve and implement solutions that will drive team performance.
- Collaborate with Customer Success teams to ensure all teams are driving complementary results to maximize performance.
Experience and Skills Needed
- 7 to 10 years of B2B SaaS software technology sales management experience in SMB and Mid-Market.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience in building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with prospects and customers.
- Motivated self-starter with high integrity.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Lead generation and qualification processes experience through use of sales development reps.
What Would Be Awesome To Have:
- Salesforce CRM knowledge
- Non profit experience
- Training on the Sandler Sales Methodology
We would be remiss not to mention our awesome perks!
- Competitive paid-time off, along with ample company paid holidays
- Half-Day Fridays the first Friday of each month
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or Car2Go Allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Employee Stock Options
- Pet friendly office
- Monthly social activities
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, including equity in an early stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.