Who are we?
CRITICALSTART is turning the managed security services market on its head by being the first to look at cybersecurity threats in a new way! We are on a journey towards building the future of cybersecurity, and we need highly talented and motivated people like you! At CRITICALSTART, we live by three very basic principles: do what’s right for the customer, don’t do things that suck, and do what’s right for our employees. That’s it! By concentrating on these three values, we have built a lasting culture that delivers on promises to our people and our customers – and they are the key drivers to our long-term success!
What can we offer you?
- An opportunity to drive significant shareholder, customer and employee value.
- A constant stream of new things to learn.
- Breadth and depth. Do you want to make an impact? The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience of our customers.
- Highly talented and dedicated peers, all the way from Sales Engineering to Customer Support.
- An open, supportive, and collaborative work environment.
Who you are?
We are looking for a Director of Security Operations to run our exceptional Security Operations Center (SOC) in Plano, TX. We have a strong team in our SOC with a great culture and very low turnover. The ideal candidate would be a good fit culturally with the team but also able to lead and motivate them. This person should be attentive to details, creative, and able to steer around potential obstacles before they become problems. Honesty and openness are a must. Communication is a regular part of the job so the ability to communicate effectively is required skill. The expectation is that the candidate has had plenty of experience, particularly in roles of leadership, directly in a Security Operations Center.
What you will be doing?
- Provide leadership and guidance to our highly talented team of SOC analysts
- Set the vision and direction for the SOC while aligning to executive goals for Critical Start as a whole
- Maintain solid working relationships with other internal teams to ensure the success of the Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service
- Engage with customers when appropriate
- Work with product and development teams to help drive improvements to SOC service quality, increase SOC efficiency, and ensure any challenges are addressed
- Ensure SOC analyst onboarding and training is reviewed and adjusted as necessary to continually stay in tune with the changing threat landscape and bring improvements to SOC analyst quality
- Regularly report on SOC metrics, improvements, and issues to executive management and other stakeholders
- Review and coordinate any necessary revision to SOC processes and procedures and ensure documentation is kept up-to-date
- Plan and stay ahead of company growth to ensure the SOC is always fully staffed
What you will bring?
- A minimum of 10 years of information security experience
- At least 5 years of leadership experience in a Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Proficiency in incident response
- A comfortable understanding of modern malware and attacker techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with SOC-related metrics and driving insights from those metrics
- Some technical knowledge of modern Windows Operating Systems, Linux, networking, and cloud computing concepts
- Strong analytical skills, excellent customer service skills, and the ability to deal with high-pressure situations
- The ability to work hard and have fun
What’s the working environment like?
This job operates in a professional office environment, but we don’t take it too seriously. Casual dress every day! We have an open office, meeting and collaboration spaces, phone rooms, wellness rooms and a break room with a ping pong table, gaming machine, and shuffle board! This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones and we work in an extremely fast paced, fun environment. In addition, we provide reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What does our Comp and Benefits package look like?
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunity
- Employee Stock Options
- Employee Healthcare 100% paid for employees/50% for dependents
- Dental & Vision Plan
- Employer Paid Life Insurance, Additional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short and Long-term Disability coverage
- Unlimited PTO plan
- 401k plan with matching program