The Motional Las Vegas office is located less than 10 miles from the Las Vegas strip at 730 E Pilot Road, the Las Vegas office is home to one of the largest fleets of self-driving vehicles. The city’s grid system of roads and being one of America’s “smart cities” allows for extensive research and development testing.
We’re looking for an exceptional Director who can help us scale our growing Software Test Engineering team and provide technical leadership across the group. In this role, you will be empowered to drive change to help us transform our software test capabilities and bring best practices and tools to all of our delivery teams. You will cultivate and grow strong relationships throughout the R&D organization and champion a quality-first mindset, pragmatism in our work, and the proper balance of urgency & technical rigor.
The ideal candidate has managed software test or software engineering teams in environments in which complex software plays a central role. They are driven, practical, willing to roll up their sleeves, expert in appropriate state-of-the art tools and technologies, and proven at managing other technical contributors. They have experience in leveraging simulation, automation, and manual test approaches and understand ways in which to integrate development and test engineering to build great software. And like everyone on our team, they are ready to bring their experience, technical skill, creativity, and enthusiasm to Motional.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the Software Test organization in building end-to-end test capabilities across numerous development teams running in parallel to deliver world-class consumer products and digital experiences.
- Drive best practices in efficient use of simulation, automation, and manual test techniques to provide highest business value.
- Grow the capabilities of the group and champion both transformation and continual improvement in test tools & practices to gain efficiency and relentlessly improve customer experiences.
- Build and maintain relationships with key technical leaders in the organization spanning various engineering teams (e.g. autonomous systems, tools, cloud, and data/ML).
- Play a central role in software test staffing assignments, coaching on program test strategy development, and assurance of performance of the team.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate technical discipline or relevant experience. Advanced degrees welcome but not required.
- 10+ years of technical management experience, preferably directly involving complex software testing in a consumer-facing industry.
- Proven capability to serve as an exceptional people manager (preferably of software test managers and engineers).
- Experience with practically minded Agile methodologies and software test engineering best practices as applied to modern connected products.
- Outstanding leadership & communication skills, technical expertise, and systems thinking.
In Return You Can Expect
- As part of our team you will help us to grow & stretch to deliver high quality software that truly delights our customers. If you are an innovator, a builder, a coach, and a leader, we want to hear from you!
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industry’s largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world’s first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world’s most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the world’s largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.