Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with artificially intelligent systems. For our world-class team, no idea is too ambitious, and we never stop working to make possible what looks out of reach today. We are backed by Silicon Valley venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, have been shipping product since 2018, and are growing rapidly.
Do you love the idea of building out complex, efficient supply chains for cutting edge products? Are you interested in a position where you will have the opportunity to stand up tools from scratch? As a Director of Supply Chain Operations, you will work with a wide range of suppliers, build tools for the supply chain team members, and work across the organization to maintain healthy inventories while reducing waste, all while staying responsive to rapidly developing products.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the Supply Chain team, which includes: procurement, inventory, strategy, and optimization.
- Stand up, maintain, and improve processes and logistics for the supply chain and production teams.
- Stand up tools to track status of inventory, parts on order, WIP, and more.
- Forecast needs, place orders to minimize disruption to production while minimizing required on hand inventory.
- Stand up tools to guide procurement specialist actions: what to order, when and how much.
- Execute make/buy analyses.
People we're looking for have the following required competencies and qualifications:
- Experience in supply chain purchasing.
- Experience building tools for supply chain teams.
- Proficiency in Excel or other spreadsheet software.
- Extremely detail-oriented.
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others.
Preferred competencies and qualifications:
- BS in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Operations Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with best practices at a large company.
- Experience at a startup.
- Experience building your own tools from scratch.
Working environment and physical demands:
- This role works in a production facility environment.
- This role must comply with applicable health and safety laws and regulations. Some examples, but this list is not exhaustive, include policies around where food can be eaten, safety glasses, and personal grounding to prevent electrostatic discharge.
- Must be able to move up to 50 pounds, as required in the assembly and production of the robot.
- Physical activity includes ability to remain in a stationary position and/or move for extended periods of time.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to
equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.