What would it look like if we started over? That’s the question that fuels all of us at Hampton Creek. We started this company because we deeply believe that eating well should be easy. The right thing for our bodies and for the world should be affordable for everyone. And it should be unthinkably, mouthwateringly delicious. We are the fastest-growing food company on earth and we are looking for smart, motivated people looking to make a positive impact join us as we scale up our business.
So what would you do if you had the chance to start again? We are seeking an experienced Director of Transportation to lead a key strategic piece of our supply chain. We need an experienced operations leader to establish our transportation vendor network as we expand the breadth of our product lines and strategically direct the transportation partners for on-time delivery of our products. Are you highly organized, excel at solving complex problems, an excellent communicator, who operates best with high levels of leadership and accountability? If you are up for the challenge in shaping and managing this critical piece of the supply chain, apply for this job.
· Direct operational vision for the transportation logistics for our products
· Lead the selection of suppliers and partners to streamline our strategic direction to support our product lines
· Manage multiple Transportation partners and be an effective negotiator to minimize logistical costs
· Work closely with Finance partner on budgeting, forecasting and monthly costing and with cross-functional partners to effectively support the growth of our business
· Implement processes, procedures, and systems to drive operational effectiveness
· Must utilize strong communication, problem-solving, and time management skills to manage the team on day to day operations to ensure accurate and on-time delivery of products according to customer requirements and timelines
· Manage KPIs, budgets, and documentation for Transportation partners
· 10+ years of relevant experience in full ownership of leading all aspects of transportation logistics in a fast-paced, high-impact environment
· Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on supply chain management or organizational planning or related fields. Master’s degree a plus.
· Operational knowledge of 3PL processes and guidelines
· Experience with implementing ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and TMS (Transportation Management System) highly preferred
· Need to be a “roll up your sleeves” and work alongside type leader. Management needs to be in the details of what is going on to make good decisions as well as help get work done effectively.
· Proven leadership – experience building and managing a team is essential
· Must be an effective communicator and have demonstrated experience in driving and integrating process improvements
· Inspired, not intimidated, by rapid growth and scaling.
This job has been filled or removed by Hampton Creek.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Director of Transportation job post.✕