You’re a champion of company culture and operational efficiency. You are an empathetic servant leader with ground-floor experience finding, recruiting, hiring, and engaging talent and driving operational growth in a digitally native enterprise. And, above all else, if you want to join a global team that creates smart, creative, and impactful digital experiences that solve complex challenges, we would like to meet you!
Modus is a digital agency headquartered in New York City with offices in Buenos Aires and Manila. We’re an interdisciplinary group of motivated, dedicated professionals who don’t take things at face value. We uncover insights, imagine new possibilities, and create digital experiences that transform businesses and delight customers.
Our next Director of People Operations will be an integral part of our growing POPs team, working across the whole company.
Read on for details.
- Collaborate and build trust with team members at all levels
- Champion and curate the Modus company culture and drive DEIB throughout the applicant and employee experience
- Lead recruiting, onboarding, performance, and engagement programs
- Leverage metrics for continuous improvement and performance management of all POPs led programs
- Define and manage business workflows for continuous review and improvement or automation
- Optimize and scale recruiting efforts, including sourcing, applicant nurturing, interviewing, and team structure
- Enhance and personalize the remote employee onboarding journey
- Improve systems for performance and goal management
- Nurture healthy feedback communication patterns at all levels
- Provide on-going training and support for managers
- Coach and advise the leaders and managers on strategic and complex employee issues. Provide proactive solutions and alternatives that are pragmatic and reflect company values
- Lead the People team and US-based team collaborating with People Team leads with local expertise in the Philippines and Argentina
- Own and scrupulously manage benefits programs and employee files
- Collaborate with PEO and legal partner as needed
- Guide management and employee actions by researching, developing, communicating/educating, and maintaining People policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines
- 8+ years of relevant experience in People Operations / HR
- A consistent track record of successfully scaling teams, developing culture, maintaining low attrition and high engagement in a fast-paced environment.
- Broad technical HR knowledge from employment law, benefits programs, and payroll to leading practices across the talent lifecycle, applicant and employee experience, employee engagement, and organization change
- Experience utilizing and managing PEO and retirement services providers
- Knowledge of the complexities of hiring for growth, including models that leverage contractors and outsourcing companies
- Keen interest in developing DEIB initiatives and challenging organizations to create the best possible environment for employee development, inclusion, happiness, and career success
- Exercises confidentiality and good judgment in complex and sensitive situations, establishing broad trusted relationships
- Practical experience performing all tactical People related duties for a company, while also driving big-picture initiatives
- Motivated to positively impact the performance of a growing company
- High social and emotional intelligence; you truly enjoy mentoring team members and cultivating strong relationships with all types of people
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding emotional intelligence, intuition, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated passion for operational efficiency and process optimization
- Ability to handle ambiguity and open-ended problems
- Digital, Software, Consulting, Agency, and/or Start-up experience preferred
- International experience is a plus
In addition to a competitive salary, Modus offers a great work environment, a premium health care plan, training courses and certifications, the opportunity to work with the latest technologies, and other great benefits.
If you are self-motivated and enjoy being part of a diverse team of talented people who are helping to invent the digital future, apply now!