Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal, and marketing.
We’re excited to announce that Matterport is now publicly listed on NASDAQ. It’s an exciting time to join us!
About the Role:
Matterport is looking for a Procurement Director who is responsible for developing a strategic approach to the corporate procurement and material management process for the purchase of direct and indirect goods and services. We are looking for a leader with deep domain expertise in purchasing, global operations, and talent development. You will own strategic thinking, process design, and operational execution to develop a best-in-class supply chain by procurement of goods and services. You must have proven experience in leading entire company purchasing and global supply chain activities in a fast-paced, hypergrowth environment. To be successful in this role, you must possess a positive, engaging and goal-oriented management style and must be comfortable working with cross-functional teams, vendors and partners.
What you will do:
- You will build and lead the procurement and inventory management team.
- Serve as the primary contact for procurement related questions, training, policy and procedure interpretation and alignment by all departments.
- Manage current procurement policies, procedures and programs with a focus on their ability to enhance organizational value and efficiency.
- Monitor, review and analyze bids and quotes with suppliers, including the negotiation of service agreements and contracts.
- Develop and oversee the preparation of proposals and negotiation and administration of contracts in accordance with company policies and legal requirements. Provide input to strategic decisions that affect the functional areas of responsibility.
- Establish, communicate and implement long-term goals for the department in order to promote cost-effectiveness and efficiency.
- Set inventory policy, manage inventory, budget for materials and continuously consider stock requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of the market, in addition to current prices and fair rates for goods and services, foresee future materials and services pricing, proactively plan for strategic initiatives and actionable insights.
- Maintain materials budget and streamline costs.
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring to direct reports and proactively monitor performance. Ensure growth and development plans are in place for all employees.
- Able to operate at a fast pace and manage multiple deliverables simultaneously with tight deadlines.
Who you are:
- 10+ years experience in procurement, supply chain, global operations and materials management.
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role in a corporate Purchasing or Supply Chain organization.
- Results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with expertise in purchasing, supplier collaboration, development and compliance.
- Strong people management and vendor management skills.
- Proven experience in contract negotiation skills.
- Experience with sourcing and procurement and building a vendor program.
- Exemplary multitasking and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and maintain both a proactive and positive attitude.
- Proven experience in building outstanding team and leadership skills.
- BS or MS in Business, Operations or related field.
Perks & Benefits
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act
For information regarding how Matterport collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.