About the Position
We’re looking for a Director, Product Design to join our UX & Design team at FiscalNote. If you have experience managing product designers and leading product design efforts and are now looking to heavily influence the future of one of DC’s biggest tech startups, this is the job for you.
You will help drive valuable experiences for our customers across a diverse and growing product suite. You will work closely with other product designers, product managers, engineers, and others to drive innovative experiences for our company's top strategic initiatives. You will have the opportunity to shape FiscalNote’s approach to UX & Design for the future a rapidly-growing product portfolio.
This role reports to the Vice President of Product, Services, and Strategy.
About the Product Team
The Product team at FiscalNote is where the magic happens. The team includes product management, project management, user experience, design, and user research. Product works to understand customer and market needs and to design and deliver world-class solutions that meet those needs. If you want to work in a highly engaged and collaborative environment to solve emerging challenges, Product at FiscalNote is for you.
Diligent. Thoughtful. Detail-oriented. Always curious, ready to ask questions, and open to being questioned. Highly collaborative and transparent in your work, output, and decision-making. A self-starter, you are always able to understand the bigger picture and take a leading role to impact it. An overall product design expert with deep expertise spanning web, desktop, and mobile. You are a problem solver and keep the user in mind. You love working across different groups in a fast-paced environment, and you’re not afraid to embrace change.
What To Expect in this Position:
- Shape the role of Design and UX in the software development lifecycle in a scaled agile environment
- Embed design and UX practices into project delivery, ensuring design decisions occur close to the problem
- Drive a team to rapidly ideate, experiment, test, and validate ideas, and continually refine them based on ongoing, embedded user research and client interaction
- Advocate for good product design practices, ensure the visibility of product design across functions, create space for collaboration, and bring a deep level of subject matter expertise to the team.
- Manage a phenomenal team, attract & grow world-class talent and be accountable for the development of team members by helping them set and achieve goals for their career growth.
- Collaborate with our R&D Leadership team to manage OKRs for our design practice. These OKRs will shape your team’s process and feed into the responsibilities of your direct reports while enabling our company to meet its goals.
- Play a part in the evolution of our design culture, as we continue to mature our UX practice.
- You’ll foster a safe space for your team, where they’re comfortable sharing feedback and advocating for their designs.
- You’ll work with cross-functional partners to identify and remedy pain points in our product development process, ensuring effective collaboration with our Product, Development, and Quality counterparts.
What Sets You Apart:
- You’ve got at least a few years of experience managing a UX design team of 4+ direct reports.
- You have experience managing designers who work on complex web applications and enterprise software.
- You’ve got hands-on experience working on product design and strategy for a complex enterprise application or SaaS tool.
- Your knowledge, vision, and experience will enable you to play a key role in shaping the next evolution of our products.
- You enjoy advocating for user research and usability testing, and you continually look to improve your team’s user research and usability testing abilities.
- You want to manage a team that is designing a complex product with cross-functional users and continually evolving needs.
- The idea of playing a key part in the evolution of our Design System is truly exciting to you.
- You’re comfortable with design reviews and can be hands-on with design tools like Figma.
- You are truly motivated by mentoring, leading, and growing your team.
- You have experience leading product direction and strategic thinking with the experience developing product goals, identifying opportunities, and making decisions based on the impact on people and the company.
Reference ID: #LI-AW1
FiscalNote is the premier information services company focused on global policy and market intelligence. By combining AI technology, expert analysis, and legislative, regulatory, and geopolitical data, FiscalNote is reinventing the way that organizations minimize risk and capitalize on opportunity.
Home to CQ, Roll Call, Oxford Analytica, and VoterVoice, FiscalNote empowers more than 5,000 clients worldwide to monitor, manage, and act on the issues that matter most to them. To learn more about FiscalNote and its family of brands, visit FiscalNote.com
and follow @FiscalNote.
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience ∙ Find the Truth ∙ Drive Alignment ∙ Level Up ∙ Own the Job ∙ Bias for Action ∙ Support the Family
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
If your background and experience align with the competencies above, we encourage you to apply so that we can review your experience and learn more about how you can add to FiscalNote’s growth and success.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.