Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured and designed for the way our customers live their lives. A bank for all of us.
What you’ll be doing
- Plan, develop, and optimize fraud systems that drive a reduction in fraud
- Plan, develop, and optimize fraud systems that drive automation and reduction in manual reviews and customer complaints
- Drive and promote the Product direction and strategic roadmap for fraud systems
- Determine Dashboards, KPIs, and success criteria; track, monitor, and improve performance of KPIs
- Create and maintain fraud systems and Vendor integration documentation
- Run RFI/RFPs to identify best in class partners for Varo
- Engage internal and external partners/clients to fully understand the customer and stakeholder needs
- Work with payment, design, content, care, operations, and other stakeholders to create the best in class experience
- Support compliance and fraud management related initiatives including auditing of documentation, risk analysis, and other product due diligence initiatives
- Understand and analyze industry trends, fraud, and regulatory developments, and competitive landscape
You’ll bring the following required skills and experiences
- 10+ years of product management experience in building platforms
- Product experience in building Fraud solutions and Fraud strategy
- 3+ years of experience in Fraud/ KYC/ Identity
- 2+ years of experience preferred in Fintech with knowledge of products such as ACH, Mobile check deposit, Cards, P2P
- Strong BI and analytics skills and knowledge of tools such as SQL/Athena
- Experience with BI/data visualization tools (like Tableau or Excel)
- Experience with rule engines, ML, data management is strongly preferred
- Experience in Lean/Agile product development
- Experience managing other product managers, product owners, or analysts
- BA/BS in Management, Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- STEM Master's degree is a plus
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria above and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail [email protected]
with the pertinent information and contact information.