Metromile is the leading pay-per-mile car insurance company in the U.S. We’re disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category by offering an entirely new type of insurance that charges customers based on the miles they drive. We believe paying for what you use is more fair and more affordable. With pay-per-mile car insurance, low-mileage drivers see huge savings. We also believe in the power of data science and machine learning to make car insurance better and less complicated.
We're proud to say that Metromile has been named on Glassdoor's Best Place to Work in their 2018 Employees' Choice Awards list for the second year in a row!
About the Director Of Product Management, Risk & Scale
The Director of Product Management, Risk and Scale will lead the entire development lifecycle for the Risk and Scale pieces of the Metromile offering. These critical components drive the entire consumer experience for Metromile customers except for claims processing. Responsibilities include product strategy, requirements development, roadmap management and collaborating with other leaders from the insurance, engineering, marketing, sales, and operations departments in order to ensure that our financial and transformation goals are met.
- Own the product strategy for Risk and Scale, including opportunity identification, business metric framework, resource tradeoffs and investment business cases
- Work closely with our Chief Insurance Officer and Chief Marketing Officer to build out a shared view of ways we can transform the consumer experience to deliver a game changing insurance product
- Own products from conception to launch, working with our design, engineering and QA teams to deliver transformative products that derive value from our unique strengths as a business
- Oversee feature prioritization for the development teams, and keep the trains running on time within an agile development environment
- Develop a deep understanding of user behavior and product metrics, looking for ways to improve key product metrics and our user experience
- Set and meet daring goals for yourself and the team
- Mentor and grow a world class team of product managers
- Work directly with our Chief Product Officer to shape the long-term product and business direction
- 7+ years product management experience during which you have managed product managers, multiple products and teams from concept to launch
- 3+ years experience working with internal operations teams to understand their needs and the business domain to chart out a course balancing near term incremental innovation needs against future transformative innovation efforts
- Ability to use data, your experience and product instincts to identify most impactful areas of focus
- Display top notch verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong analytical abilities, and considerable experience with Excel and other analytics tools
- Proven track record of achieving results
- Strong project management skills, and willingness/ability to own key parts of the product, end-to-end
- Experience influencing and collaborating at the executive level
Nice to Haves:
- Masters Degree (especially MBA)
- Experience in insurance is ideal but not required
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Robust benefit options (health, dental, vision, 401K)
- Commuter and well-being benefits
- Generous parental leave
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Monthly social events (Movies, game nights, park days, etc.)
- Mac equipment and adjustable workstations
Metromile is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.