At OnDeck, we are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. Over the last decade, OnDeck (ONDK) has built industry leading technology, user experience and credit models, that leverages data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a markets underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans in minutes and hours instead of the days and weeks it takes in traditional channels.
As Director of Product Management, you will be responsible for the end-to-end user experience for all aspects of the applicant experience at OnDeck. As a leader of a team of Product Managers, you will be accountable for the user experience strategy for converting all Small Business Owners who are interested in a financial solution with OnDeck to booked customers. You will drive a human-centered design culture, leading the use of generative user research to identify unmet needs, institute best practices around agile and lean startup principles and leverage tools for continuously improving the user experience through test-and-learn. As a key member of the management team at OnDeck, you will establish strong relationships with partners in Sales and Operations, and influence them about your product vision and roadmap. You will be joining the OnDeck Product team – a passionate group of product managers, designers and user researchers with deep passion for building elegant and rave worthy user experiences that solve big complex problems. Oh and having fun is a big part of what we do – whether it’s community service events, book club meetings, hot sauce contests or weekly social hours in the office.
As a Director of Product Management at OnDeck, you will:
- Leverage user behavioral data, feedback and user research to discover problems and unmet needs at different states of the user journey.
- Identify the highest leverage areas and look into different ways to create a solution.
- Create business cases to synthesize the core hypothesis and influence senior leadership about the potential product-market fit and prioritization.
- Define your Product Vision, why it is relevant and how you plan to solve for it.
- Define a learning agenda, and an iterative approach to testing your key product hypothesis.
- Work with Design, Technology and other partners in scoping different solutions, writing stories and building the solution, and preparing the organization for product launch.
- Monitor the performance of your product and continuously improve it.
- Act as an evangelist of your product in the organization.
- Leverage strong relationships with key internal leaders.
Qualifications for success:
- You have a minimum of 10 years of experience in product management and delivery
- A demonstrated ability to lead a large product team and deliver market winning products
- You have a strong technical background; ability to construct wireframes and design user experiences while understanding basic API functionalities
- You have a data-driven approach to understanding and optimizing processes.
- You have exceptional communication skills across stakeholders, technologists, data scientists, senior management, and third party partners
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are capable of building relationships to gain buy in and achieve business results
- You have a passion for following and improving Agile development
- You have a history of customer-centric focus throughout problem solving
What we offer you:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits from day one.
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take off the time that you need when you need.
- Up to four months paid parental leave for all new parents. Adoption assistance with reimbursement of up to $5K. We want you to have time to bond with your new bundle of joy.
- Order lunch on us from Seamless. You can order what you want, when you want and from where you want.
- We’ll match your 401(k) contributions and offer a discount through our Employee Stock Purchase Plan. All to complement your personal financial strategy.
- We want to help advance your career. Take classes relevant to your job and the first $5K is on us.
- Enjoy our annual company summer party, holiday party and department quarterly outings.
- Semi-annual Hackathons to give our teams a fun way to innovate together and come up with awesome ideas.
- Our partnership with SoFi gives you access to student loan refinancing, personal loans and even mortgages.
- We work hard, we play hard. Build or join an OnDeck intramural club, group, and/or sports team and be part of our OnDeck Community.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
OnDeck Stats & In the News:
- In 2015, OnDeck & JP Morgan Chase partner to offer small business loans, named the biggest deal in the history of marketplace lending
- Our first $3 billion in loans led to 74,000 jobs and $11 Billion in U.S. economic impact.
- On December 17, 2014 OnDeck rings in the biggest NYC tech IPO since 1999
- OnDeck was New York’s largest VC-backed tech exit ever
Awards we've received:
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**