This position is responsible for the growth of a high-visibility consumer product category across multiple brands. You will build product categories through go-to-market leadership, product development, and brand marketing. Program objectives include driving volume, improving margin, growing community engagement, strengthening our brand presence, and obtaining maximum benefit from market spending.
You will drive the creation of 360 consumer facing programs for both launch and re-run programs. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with driving both strategy and execution in a highly entrepreneurial environment operating with agility and speed.
Here's what you'll do as part of the team:
- Provide go-to-market leadership. Develop data-driven strategy for pricing, messaging, packaging, promotion, selling, and momentum of our consumer products.
- Speak and present both internally and externally to promote the story of our products, serving as their evangelist with thought leadership and training internal teams on articulating benefits.
- Measure and optimize the buyer journey, understand all aspects of consumer attitudes and usage habits surrounding the category, as well as complete understanding of their path to purchase. Using a thorough understanding of the new retail landscape, develop and maintain a full channel strategy.
- Identify long-term business opportunities in the category. Keep the company up-to-date with market trends and competition, and keep us several steps ahead of the competition at all times.
- Manage the product portfolio and category financials. Develop recommendations for capital, operating, and staffing budgets. Provide fiscal oversight of allocated resources, assets, and expenses.
- Oversee the execution of strategy, providing leadership and partnership. Collaborating with respective team leads, mentoring and coaching to foster an environment of employee development.
And here are the skills and experience we hope you'll have:
- BA in Marketing, MBA preferred or equivalent working experience.
- Proven and visible marketing veteran, with experience leading a consumer product brand; determining product-market fit, delivering products to market, and category growth.
- Leadership experience with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A highly analytical approach, used in a wide range of responsibilities, from customer development, to product adoption, to sales processes.
- Strong influence-management skills. Ability to lead teamwork and clear communication cross-functionally with product, community, engineering and other departments.
Who We Are
Massdrop puts community first. We create high-quality, custom gear, apparel, and products inspired and designed by our online communities. We provide over 2 million members a place to connect, discuss, buy products together, and learn about the things that are important to them.