Spring is combining the power of mobile (being able to surf the internet at any place and at any time) with the ability to access 1,000s of curated brands and products, all in one platform. We're a 24/7 marketplace that enables brands and consumers to connect in new ways.
Since our founding in 2013, Spring has quickly become known as the place to shop... and we've seen this in our rising number of users, brand partners, and followers. We now have over 85 employees, 1,000 brands, 820,000 downloads, and big plans for continued growth. Much of our success has been driven by our partnerships with brands like Marc Jacobs, Opening Ceremony, Urban Outfitters, TOMS, and Zero + Maria Cornejo. Our growth can also be attributed to an amazing band of dedicated team members who have a no job is too small mentality.
Spring is looking for our first Director, Public Relations. This role will report directly to our President and will work closely with our marketing, brand and editorial teams. This is a senior role that is responsible for:
- Overseeing all PR activities, including creating, implementing and managing outreach strategy to short-lead and long-lead press
- Garnering top tier press coverage (product placements, brand features, advertising) in print, broadcast, online/social media, and influencers
- Leveraging strong relationships with key media contacts in print, digital and broadcast across fashion, beauty, tech, lifestyle, kids.
- Developing and distributing written and photographic assets relating to relevant Spring launches, initiatives and exclusives
- Working with bloggers and other influencers on activations and amplification of events and other Spring initiatives
- Honing and pushing Spring’s key messaging and consumer value proposition while constantly pitching press
- Working with SPRING Sales/Curation & Marketing to devise PR strategy for US markets (e.g. target cities/publications/customer segments)
- Developing press-facing events, including managing logistics and creating invitation list
- Overseeing the trafficking of samples from brands
- Planning and managing an annual budget
What you need to have:
- 8-10 years of experience, not limited to but including agency and e-commerce/retail
- Strong business acumen including strategic, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; editorial and press release writing experience is essential.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to develop contacts, client, and industry relations.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to coordinate multiple projects and experience managing budgets.
- Strong project management and time management skills. Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Keen understanding of brand nuances, competitive positioning, and big/small industry picture
- Relationships with influencers in the fashion and lifestyle industries a plus
- Solid knowledge of current and emerging communication channels/mediums and technologies (e.g., blogs, twitter).
- Ability to project strength on behalf of the Spring brand through gravitas and quick thinking
- Understanding of the media environment and experience working with editors, stylists, and producers
Spring is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.