The Director of Revenue Cycle is responsible for developing and implementing innovative solutions to maximizing overall billing and collections, leading the in-house revenue cycle team, problem-solving and maintaining excellent relationships with third-party payers while working closely with both product and clinical teams to address issues swiftly.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Director of Revenue Cycle will be the leader of the Revenue Cycle Management team and responsible for ensuring the success and accuracy of our internal and external DTC and enterprise billing operations. This role will require strategic guidance and direction regarding best practices. This role is crucial in guiding the company towards scalable solutions that delight our patients and clients, as well as enable the growth of our business.
- Identify and solve billing and collection process issues impacting revenue stream
- Interface with outside revenue cycle vendors, clearinghouse(s,) etc., and maintain positive business relationships
- Partner with Client Success, Legal, Compliance, Implementation, Product and Finance to guarantee the growth of the organization
- Operationalize new Payer contracts and changes to existing contractual agreements
- Act as Doctor On Demand’s subject matter expert in regards to coding/billing questions
- Represent and lead the team and company on all initiatives, modifications, and priorities. I.e.: System transitions and/or updates, Billing rules/code updates, and Medicaid/Medicare billing rules and regulations a plus
- Lead and communicate effectively operational changes/initiatives/priorities while being mindful of cross functional impact to internal and external teams
- Oversee day-to-day activities of internal revenue cycle management team
- High level of understanding of healthcare revenue cycle operations
- 10+ years of experience within revenue cycle operations (within Telehealth a bonus)
- Billing and/or coding experience/certification (preferred)
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and draw conclusions
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of industry best practices related to RCM
- Capable of developing and maintaining productive working relationships
- Means to prioritize and adapt to a fast paced environment and changing of priorities based on organizational growth/need
- Able to make decisions and demonstrate business judgment as necessary to leadership team
About Grand Rounds Health, Doctor On Demand and Included Health:
Grand Rounds Health, Doctor On Demand and Included Health merged in 2021 to form the first of its kind integrated virtual care company to raise the standard of healthcare. Our personalized, longitudinal care services include primary care, specialty care, integrated behavioral health, everyday and urgent care, chronic condition management and prevention and 24/7 triage. We get members to the right care, at the right time through ongoing clinical navigation, expert medical opinions and care coordination.
Partnering with leading employers and health plans, we deliver unparalleled, end-to-end care. Our combined nationwide practice of dedicated clinicians and innovative data science and technology platforms provide better care experiences, better member satisfaction, and better outcomes and cost savings for our nearly 100 million covered lives across commercial, Medicare and Medicaid.
Headquartered in San Francisco, the combined company has been recognized as a 2020 UCSF Digital Health Award winner for Employer Wellness and 2021 Best Workplaces in Healthcare and Biopharma™ by Great Place to Work and Fortune. Learn more at www.grandrounds.com and www.doctorondemand.com.
Grand Rounds Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.