The job description is intended to be a tool to describe the primary purpose of the job and the KEY duties and responsibilities. The job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required. Management has the right to add to or change the job responsibilities at any time. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Title: Director Sales & Channel Operations
Department: Sales & Business Development
The Director Sales & Channel Operations position is essential to the global sales/BD team success and productivity. Functions include managing and optimizing sales and channel management processes. Areas of ownership include operationalization of the sales process from contract, quotation, PO, sales order and fulfillment, ownership of SFDC reporting, sales process planning, KPI dashboards, Net Promoter Score, price management operationalization, contract reviews, and channel management programs.
The Director Sales & Channel Operations will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer, and work closely with Sales, Business Development, Marketing, Product Management, and Finance to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are being met. This position also requires maintaining outward facing relationships with customers and partners.
- Generate sales orders in the ERP system and work with sales, operations, and finance to ensure that sales are closed, processed, and properly recorded
- Review customer agreements and works with Finance/Legal/Tax departments to ensure that agreements are kept current with company initiatives and products.
- System Administrator for Salesforce.com CRM system and related sales management tools.
- Create/maintains KPI dashboards and sales performance metrics.
- Maintain price lists and related contractual templates.
- Tracking sales opportunity funnel across all regions including analysis of trends and related KPIs.
- Assists Finance and other cross functional teams with analyzing and reporting on bookings, revenue forecasting, revenue reporting and sales territory performance. Presents and explains analyses to key stakeholders and provides actionable recommendations.
- Ensures accurate forecasts and sales pipelines are available to Executive Management team by geography, vertical, market and other categories as requested. Analyzes trends and make recommendations for improvements.
- Chair weekly revenue forecasting meetings and deal review process.
- Review contracts/agreements and vet with Finance and CRO for new account/partner set-up.
- Net Promoter Score business process owner – responsible for NPS infrastructure, metrics, trend analysis, management reviews, and improvement actions.
- Act as a liaison between Customers, Sales Staff, and other departments within the group to help ensure customer delight.
- Development and implementation of Channel Management programs, including contracts, design registrations, channel portal, training certifications, incentive programs, price management compliance, and performance scorecard.
- Overall owner of all sales/business development/channel business processes company-wide.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required.)
Education - Required:
- Bacheor's Degree
- Preferred, MBA
Experience - Required:
- Fluency as user/owner in SFDC or similar CRM tool.
- 10 years combined experience in Sales Operations and Channel Management Roles
- 10 years experience in the electronics industry.
Special Knowledge/Skills - Required:
- Strong and proficient leadership skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) across teams and levels with an emphasison customer service.
- Strong ability to be independant but also work well with others through good communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize a variety of tasks and meet dealdlines.
- Ability to work well with a high level of atuonomy and trust.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; high emotional intelligence.
- Flexible and accepting of evolving process/priorities.
- Positive and engaged personality.