CARTO is changing the way maps are made by building the easiest and most powerful data mapping engine ever. The amount of location-based data is exploding, and from biodiversity to transportation to marketing, over 200,000 users and customers around the world are using CARTO to bring their data to life.
The Director of Sales Operations will will be responsible for owning the processes, systems, and activities that enable CARTO’s Sales teams to operate effectively. The right candidate should combine a deep understanding of sales process, predictive and business analytics, data management, pipeline reporting, our business objectives, and our data resources to deliver detailed analysis in support of our sales goals.
This role will partner with our Senior VP of Sales, our COO, and our ops and finance teams to establish effective sales operations management and reporting.
- Assist with any sales reporting and forecasting, including strategic planning, budgeting, incentive plan development, competitive landscape work as needed
- Ensure proper weighted pipeline and management of pipeline in a real time manner inside the CRM
- Reporting on the speed of sales opportunities through all stages
- Provide a consistent, data-driven approach to sales analysis regarding territories, quota, prospects and other elements of sales management
- Increase the production of quality leads in North America through the development of new prospecting tools
- Develop and lead the sales team commissions plans and organization sales policies
- Contribute to a data-driven culture within the sales organization
- Find opportunities to streamline sales process and manage implementation of necessary modifications
- Collect, maintain and analyze metrics for the Sales Leadership on a regular basis
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- 7+ years of experience in sales operations, marketing analytics or similar functions in a SaaS-based business. Experience in a high growth startup would be helpful.
- In-depth understanding of Sales Operations business practices for sales processes and systems (sales cycles; account, territory, opportunity, and pipeline management)
- Experience building sales operations practice in a rapidly scaling sales organization
- Knowledge and experience with quota models and sales compensation plans
- Demonstrate expert level spreadsheet experience working with MS Excel
- Experience working in high-growth, performance and deadline driven environment
- Ability to manage own workload and work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Thinks critically and quantitatively
- Agile and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor's’ degree required, MBA preferred
- Work out of the Washington DC metro - Northern Virginia office
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage for U.S. staff
- 22 vacation days, 12 holidays and an honor approach to sick-time
- Employee Stock Options
- 401(k) Plan
- Pre-tax commuter benefit for U.S. staff
- Opportunity to work for a high growth tech startup that is backed by hugely successful venture capital firms such as ACCEL Partners and Salesforce Ventures.
Want to know more about us? Find more information at: