Precision for Medicine is a precision medicine CRO. Our uniquely integrated offering enables the science of precision medicine by combining novel clinical trial designs, industry-leading operational and medical authorities, advanced biomarker and data analytics solutions, and an unequivocal real passion for rare diseases and oncology.
We are currently hiring a Director Project Management to join our global team. We can consider candidates based in UK, Spain, Hungary, Slovakia, Serbia, or Poland. This position combines operational line management within our global project management team, in addition to to strategic leadership and oversight of project delivery (particularly with a strong focus in Oncology).
Senior Director level could be considered, depending on experience.
This position is works cross functionally to develop partnership strategies for clinical trials and programs and works closely with our project teams to provide oversight, strategic expertise in the planning, coordination, and delivery of all activities for designated clinical study projects to ensure that project objectives of quality, scope, cost, and time are accomplished.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Direct, manage and ensure collaboration within a team of Project Directors and Project Managers in the planning, execution and governance of projects/portfolios on a global platform
- Provide leadership and oversight on all clinical programs and in some unique cases, manage activities
- Interact with study sponsors as primary point of escalation beyond project management
- Optimize the profitability of the Project Management organization to meet or exceed budget targets
- Assess and manage resource allocations to ensure that established cost, time, and quality goals are met
- Select, train, develop and manage the performance of talent in project leadership positions (Project Directors and Project Managers)
- Provide technical support and guidance (including scope definition, risk identification, escalation and mitigation, resource planning, goals and deliverables) to assigned project managers
- Identify and escalate impacts to project scope, resources, schedule or budget through standard methods
- Ensure project leadership personnel work to the highest quality standards and maintain compliance with established SOPs, working guidelines, project plans and all regulatory requirements
- Participate with Business Development in opportunity development, proposals and budgeting, bid defense preparation and attendance
- Understand and manage project/program inter-dependencies to achieve program milestones/deliverables
- Conduct evaluations and implement required changes for all projects (including mid-project recovery of at risk projects, re-scoping, postponement, or cancellation)
- Measure and report KPIs and lead continuous improvement
- Recognize, exemplify and adhere to Precision’s values that center on our commitment to quality, our people, clients and performance
- Manage workload of supervised staff with continued assessment and adjustment as needed
- Provide on-going feedback, development and coaching of Project Directors and Project Managers including annual performance reviews
- Related degree or equivalent combination of education/experience in science or health-related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum 10 years of experience in clinical research, including extensive project management and line management experience or proven competencies for this position
- Experience in managing complex and global trials, particularly related to Oncology
- Working knowledge of GCP/ICH guidelines and the clinical development process
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Project
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with others in a team setting
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and a focus on client service and delivery
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally including overnight stays as required
Precision medicine is revolutionizing the attack on cancer—and we are passionate about helping you harness its power. We strike tumors on a molecular level using biomarkers to link specific mutations to specific treatments. We combine deep science with deep data from advanced technological platforms, then layer on specialized expertise in the design and execution of targeted, adaptive clinical trials. Ultimately, we deliver robust insights that inform real-time decisions—and optimize the oncology development pathway.
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.