Our mission is to bring the world together through live experiences, and we live that every day in our actions, supporting creators in building their event businesses and forging an enduring brand that consumers trust. Last year, our platform powered more than 4 million events organized by our diverse and vibrant creator community. Now it’s time to unlock the power of our discovery experience, helping connect consumers with the best events our creators have to offer.
You’ll be joining the Growth Marketing team, a centralized, multi-disciplinary group focused on acquiring, retaining, and building a world-class brand and product that resonates with both event creators and event attendees. The team is part of the marketing organization and we work very closely with other marketing teams as well as directly partner with product and dev teams that will support SEO projects. We are specialists within our individual areas of expertise and work together to connect with and support our customers. You will be reporting into the Senior Director of Growth Marketing, and will be leading a team of 3 SEO experts, with whom you will be partnering closely with SEO Product Managers and dev teams.
As the SEO & Growth Director, you will be at the helm of developing Eventbrite’s Search Engine Optimization vision, strategy, and ensure effective implementation of the highest impact SEO opportunities for the acquisition of both consumers and event organizers. We are looking for a proven leader who brings people management experience, SEO strategy expertise, and impeccable communication and relationship building skills. You will be communicating with executive staff around initiatives as well as their impact, and you will need to get alignment across the whole organization on SEO projects for both Consumer and Creators sides of our marketplace. This full-time role has the option of working remotely, ideally based in the EST time zone or in the GMT time zone (i.e. London).
- Own the definition of the company SEO vision, strategy and plans to achieve those
- Communicate frequently with the whole company as well as the executive staffManage a team of SEO Experts
- Partner closely with the Growth marketeers, especially on the performance marketing side of things
- Partner closely with Product Managers, Engineering, and content teams to translate SEO opportunities into successful projects that drive high impact for both Consumers and Creators
- Partner closely with Data teams to ensure we track, measure and share the right input/output metrics to get a pulse on the SEO situation
- Use data and metrics to inform your strategy and success criteria
- Focus on always improving SEO processes and make sure we have high execution standards on any SEO-related dev project
- Drive a strong experimentation process and be able to clearly quantify results
- Understand industry best practices in growth, proactively bringing new ideas and best practices to the team
THE SKILL SET
- At least 10 years of experience in marketing, preferably at an iconic SEO drive company. At least 3 years of people management experience and a strong track record of external partner management.
- Strong expertise in Search Engine Optimization with proven track record
- A deep understanding of SEO metrics. Ability to define measurement plans and analyze data to gain insights and drive business decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to influence leaders across an organization.
- Exceptional budget management, negotiation, and organizational skills. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- A true self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- A passion for live experiences.
- Expert in using analytics tools including Google Search Console, SemRush, Google Analytics, and A/B testing
- Experience developing and executing programmatic SEO strategies for Marketplaces and/or SAAS companies
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing.
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We offer ongoing training and career development that meets people where they are in their careers.
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, leadership coaching for all managers, Briteling led talks, and weekly company-wide town halls with our CEO. We take culture seriously and design programs with employee feedback in mind to make Eventbrite a great place to work no matter where you work from in the world.
Work-life balance & flexibility is extremely important to us.
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 290 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2021, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.