The $40 trillion real estate market in the U.S. is spread across millions of individual relationships between investors, borrowers, brokers, developers and many other players. RealtyShares is an online marketplace for real estate that is transforming these relationships within the middle market real estate investment landscape by delivering efficiency, transparency and accessibility through technology. Since the Company’s inception in 2013, accredited and institutional investors have invested more than $200 million through the platform across more than 420 commercial and residential real estate transactions. RealtyShares has raised over $30 million of venture capital from prominent venture capitalists, including Union Square Ventures, Menlo Ventures and General Catalyst.
The Servicing team is part of the RealtyShares Operations group. Working in close alignment with partners across the business, the team plays a key role in transitioning newly closed deals and borrowers into servicing and managing the servicing process, including timely collection of borrower payments and execution of investor distributions, distribution of borrower draw requests, reporting on key servicing activities and working with sub-servicers.
As the Servicing Director, you will be responsible and accountable for all aspects of team oversight, including successful delivery of these critical functions on a daily basis, as well as team and people development and partnering with colleagues within Operations and across the business to build a scalable and technology enabled operational model and a world-class investor experience. This role reports to the VP of Operations, and is a key member of the Operations group leadership team.
You will have the opportunity to
- Lead the Servicing team, which is responsible for the activities described above and proactively drive the team to continue to expand the value it delivers to the business and our borrowers
- Ensure seamless and risk-controlled execution of daily production functions through development and oversight of strong operational disciplines (e.g. building and maintaining appropriate procedures, controls and transparency, disciplined resource management, onboarding & training, scheduling, etc.) and work closely with the Chief Risk Officer to make appropriate decisions regarding loans outside of company guidelines
- Create and continually foster a culture of excellence, innovation, communication and accountability, where all members of the team are motivated and inspired to continually raise the bar and to challenge the status quo in evolving processes and technology – and ultimately the borrower experience – to world class, industry-leading standards
- Inspire and lead the team to be active and effective advocates and partners in building a scalable process and technology infrastructure, and demonstrate strong leadership in developing successful partnerships with others (e.g. Product, Engineering, Sales, etc.) to execute on initiatives
- Actively lead and drive excellence and innovation across all of Operations as a key member of the Operations leadership team
- Seasoned operational leader with experience building and leading high performing teams & cultures in rapid growth environments. Strong sense of ownership and urgency.
- 10+ years experience leading teams of 5 or more in high volume transactional, client-facing and deadline driven financial operations environments.
- Experience envisioning and driving process improvement and the development of technology to achieve business goals
- Extensive change management experience, strong evidence of thought-leadership and not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Experienced people manager, including coaching, advocacy, setting objectives and creating accountability for results, etc.
- Confident and able to influence with or without direct authority. Focused on goals and impact. Able to roll out new programs by getting buy-in from senior leaders across multiple teams
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Technically savvy and advanced familiarity with standard desktop productivity tools (e.g. Microsoft Office, Google Docs, etc.)
- Loan servicing or similar experience a plus.
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Centrally-located office in SoMa with amazing views of the Bay
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Catered lunch twice a week and fully-stocked break room
- Great company-wide off-sites
At RealtyShares, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
* All applications receive a response
* All applications are kept strictly confidential
* No recruiters please