At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Link is an exciting new start-up organisation within Veeva Systems. With one product available now, Link for Oncology, and two more innovative products in the pipeline, this is a great opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-moving, agile team.
Link for Oncology is a disease area platform that provides real-time insights into key scientific experts, disease ecosystem, and competitor information and is already being adopted and utilized by over 20 Pharmaceutical and Biotechs, including 6 top 10 companies.
If you thrive on challenge, developing innovative strategies, and integrated teamwork, Link is the place for you. Key responsibilities in this role include: Working with the Senior Director, Link to define the strategy for small to medium Pharmaceutical and Biotech companies. Partnering with the relevant Account Executives in Veeva to create new sales opportunities and be the ‘go-to‘ expert for Link. Supporting the Account Executives in customer calls and meetings to sell the benefits of Link.
The Link Strategy Director, SMB requires a deep understanding of and experience with pharmaceutical commercial and medical processes and technologies in oncology and specialty medicines. You will be a member of a growing business unit at Veeva and will be responsible for the market support strategy for the Veeva Account Directors selling the Link platform to small Pharma business clients and biotech start-ups.
You will work closely with the Account Executives to provide product expertise, sales support, and pricing strategies for delivering customer success. This role also works with the Senior Director for Link to provide regular updates and training in product enhancement and innovation.
As the business matures you will also be responsible for supporting the execution of key commercial deals in partnership with sales and managing key client projects and relationships. You will maintain a public presence for the business at industry events and conferences, ensure the continued rapid growth of our market share, and work with the Senior Director to prepare marketing collateral and externally facing messaging. This is a remote position.
What You'll Do
- Fully understand and articulate the go-to-market strategy for Veeva Link, and support the Account Executives with materials, training, and expertise for customer interactions
- Advise our Product Management team on market dynamics and evolving customer needs in small Pharma business
- Be the ‘go-to’ expert for customer interactions and sales meetings
- Work with our sales and marketing teams to ensure relevant marketing messaging and the success of our sales organization as it scales
- Provide thought leadership to the market, speaking at conferences and authoring thought leadership articles
- 5+ years of experience in professional services/consulting with a focus on oncology and other specialty therapeutic areas
- Deep healthcare environment understanding and experience
- Experience with specialty pharmaceuticals and a general understanding of oncology and treatment pathways
- Strong network across the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device industry, particularly in Brand / Business Unit Leadership, Sales, Marketing, and Medical Affairs
- Strong track record translating customer needs into product innovation and solutions
- Excellent critical thinking, analysis, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel extensively for customer meetings and internal events in the future
Nice to Have
- Background in technology-based solutions
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning and development
- Health and wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.