BuzzFeed, the social news and entertainment company, provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web.
We currently have an opening for a Director, Talent Acquisition. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, this person will take the lead on talent acquisition and programs at BuzzFeed. In this role you will have ownership for recruiting, leading our recruiting team to create an effective and efficient process for bringing great talent into the company.
This is a hands-on and process driven role, in which you will define structure and metrics, evaluate tools to help us have the best people experiences and continuously evaluate how we can improve.
This position is based in our New York City HQ. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and an employee stock option program. Not to mention, a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to no work on your birthday!
- Define BuzzFeed’s global recruitment process, policies and strategy. Develop sourcing strategy and establish metrics for evaluating progress and process effectiveness. Ensure regular reporting method and format for talent metrics.
- Develop, manage and inspire the recruitment team, providing leadership, coaching, and guidance to build capabilities and drive innovation, collaboration and communication.
- Partner with finance to establish timely and efficient ongoing process for headcount and budget approvals leading to job requisitions.
- Using your understanding of BuzzFeed’s business and functions, collaborate with HRBPs and business leaders to develop talent plans and anticipate talent needs within the organization.
- Propose talent development tools, programs and opportunities based on business need.
- Manage the performance management tools and processes across BuzzFeed. Including program planning, vendor evaluation, and associated tasks.
- Provide great experiences for people (managers and individuals) from the initial candidate outreach, through recruitment and onboarding and into development.
- 10+ years of experience in HR including talent programs and recruitment
- Demonstrated passion for using data to inform decisions and drive execution
- Strong leadership skills, ability to effectively manage a dispersed team and to influence others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills from 1:1 to 1:many at all levels of the organization
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to handle high levels of ambiguity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing, fun environment