Imply is behind a data platform that’s used at some of the largest companies in the world to answer complex questions from trillions of events and data points in less than a second. To power our platform, we build and maintain Apache Druid, an open-source real-time analytical database used at thousands of companies.
Imply technical success team’s mission statement:
Empower your customers' confidence and success on the Imply platform
Drive continued increased ROI and promote revenue growth
Inspire and build champions of the Imply platform
“Wow” with every touch - Provide a valued experience for all customers globally in every interaction.
What you'll be doing at Imply:
- Management and direction of a team of global technical success managers in APAC, EMEA, and the Americas.
- Scale a customer success management team/process from current state to future state centered around retaining/growing existing revenue, development of automated customer health alerting and creation of repeatable customer account plans.
- Partner with regional sales leadership on account plans built to ensured to continue Imply’s record level net revenue retention
- Build and brand TSM process and role across each and every department
- Be the voice of our customers across recurring meetings with sales, product and engineering
- Learn the Imply platform to coach the team on how to inspire adoption in our customer base, while translation that into repeatable coaching moments with the team
- Promote continuous improvement based on data-driven conversations.
- Leverage metrics to make strategic decisions, concentrating on results.
- Assess, refine and develop the KPI’s that the TSM’s will be held accountable for.
Required experiences and skills:
- BA/BS in a business-related field and/or equivalent years working in the software industry and/or cloud platform industry (10+ years).
- Understanding of Big Data architecture and fundamentals.
- 5+ years of leading customer success teams
- 8+ years of Customer Success, Support, and/orProduct Management related experience with a proven track record of delivering business value and improvement.
- 5+ years of experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure (Azure), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or a private cloud environment.
- 10+ years of experience managing enterprise customer relationships in Technical Support, Technical Support or Business Operations, or other Support Delivery based organizations.
- 10+ years of process creation, improvement, and alignment with Business Units.
- Technical competence in Service/Platform/Infrastructure (SaaS/PaaS/IaaS) architectures, application, use and management.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication, and receptive listening skills. High levels of emotional intelligence (EQ), empathy, proactivity, and the ability to advocate for both clients and internal teams alike, continuously striving for mutually-beneficial solutions.
- Ability to adapt, to be flexible, and to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent team player, able to work with virtual and global cross-functional teams.
Having these will set you apart as a candidate:
- Results and process oriented, leveraging relationships, data, metrics, and open feedback to make operational, tactical, and strategic decisions.
- Ability to lead through and coach leaders to grow their effectiveness leading individual contributors to success and productivity
- Able to make decisions without having all the data.
- Proven history of executing and delivering.
- The ability to spot and recruit talent to Imply
- Able to Hyperfocus on the customer experience in reference to driving positive outcomes in the account plans within each and every customer.
- Possesses a positive attitude, outlook and the helper gene! (CSM DNA)
- Practices servant leadership and is hyper focused on employee retention and growth
- Strong background in CS methodology, process and enablement.
- Acts like a customer success leader and thinks like a product manager.
- Thrives in defining a clear path to resolution no matter the level of customer escalation.
- Works with a high degree of integrity, accountability, attention to detail, planning expertise, and execution.
- Knows and understands the importance of being an effective leader in all situations. This equates to seeing their role as more of an enabler of the people they lead vs. a boss figure.
- Interacts internally and externally with multiple levels of an organization, including C-level individuals.
- Possess a high degree of tact, patience, and skill under pressure.
Understands both proactive and reactive escalation customer management practices and how to collaborate with other teams to best empower customers
Imply is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.