Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
As an Alto Dispatcher, you are passionate about fulfillment operations and doing whatever it takes to deliver prescription medicines on time to our patients. You thrive in fast-paced work environments and have developed ways of dealing with stressful situations. You are tech savvy and can switch between desktop applications, mobile apps, and phone calls with ease. You are comfortable communicating with our patients on the phone and are eager to support a growing team of couriers making hundreds of deliveries in the DFW area on a daily basis.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Dispatch courier routes for established delivery windows: ensure on-time deliveries for our patients, taking overall distance traveled, traffic patterns, and high-priority deliveries into consideration when making routes.
- Provide direct and timely support 25+ couriers at a time on the road during delivery windows. Help troubleshoot delivery and navigation issues using our software systems.
- Monitor routes and deliveries as they are happening; adjusting routes if necessary; and communicating changes to couriers and reaching out to our Patient Care teams to assist in communicating updates with our patients
- Respond to last-minute and late requests for prescription deliveries, doing whatever it takes to ensure that our patients’ needs are being responded to
- Follow up on any failed deliveries, ensuring safe return of packages within 12 hours
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation of courier incidents to help improve our processes and ensure that the highest quality of service is provided to our patients
- Work with our Courier Trainer to ensure a smooth onboarding process for new couriers
- Serve as a primary point of contact for couriers for all questions regarding routing, making deliveries, and troubleshooting technical issues with our apps
A bit about you:
- 1-2 years experience as Dispatcher or are familiar with delivery operations
- Proficient in English
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where you own your role from start to finish, and make decisions quickly and independently
- Are enthusiastic about building a positive culture in a dynamic team
- Have outstanding multitasking abilities, sound judgment and critical thinking skills
- Are an expert oral and written communicator
- Believe in Alto’s mission and our company values
- This is a non-exempt, hourly role and eligible for benefits.
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Exposed to a normal office environment.
- Lift, carry, reach, and /or push/pull various items (bags, boxes, carts, etc.) while using proper technique up to 35 lbs.
- Sit or stand up a majority of work days (8-10 hours) or sit for long periods of time depending on the needs of the pharmacy operation.
- Operate all equipment necessary to do the job.
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away including differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Use one or two hands and/ or fingers to grasp, move, or assemble objects.
- Repeat the same movements.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.