Ampirical is an electrical transmission and distribution engineering company that provides comprehensive customer support, from project conception to design engineering, project management, and construction.
The Distribution Line Designer is responsible for the detailed design and drafting of electric distribution lines. This opportunity is open mid-, or senior-level designers with either overhead or underground distribution or transmission line design experience.
- Prepare conceptual routes, layouts, preliminary designs as well as detailed designs utilizing established guidelines and specifications for distribution lines using proprietary pole design software.
- Design distribution poles.
- Model and analyze existing distribution poles to ensure they meet federal guidelines and client specifications.
- Prepare plan and profile sheets, staking sheets, bills of materials, and stringing charts.
- Develop and modify design criteria utilizing industry standards and/or client specifications.
- Develop and modify pole loading drawings, framing drawings, and construction drawings.
- Utilize LIDAR survey data to accurately reflect existing terrain within the design model.
- Perform structure loading calculations.
- Perform As-Built revisions
- Attend meetings and job walks as necessary throughout the project.
- AutoCAD and/or MicroStation experience
- Ability to prioritize work and manage tasks for multiple projects under budget and time constraints.
- High level of personal initiative and ability to interact with personnel, clients, and contractors.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and must be proficient on the computer.
- Associate Degree or equivalent Technical College diploma from an accredited engineering school is required. Commensurate work experience may be used in lieu of degree requirements.
- Experience with O’Calc or similar pole loading software, SAG10, and any GIS/Mapping programs are strongly preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Ampirical offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision; STD, LTD, 401(k); life insurance, gym stipend, tuition reimbursement, 10 paid holidays; two weeks' vacation; flexible work schedule (to possibly include every other Friday off) and more.
Interested in Engineering Power-ful Solutions? Take a look at the link below to see why working at Ampirical is much more than a job...https://youtu.be/ilneslhRWWY