Since 2006, Ampirical has provided comprehensive customer support, from project conception to design engineering, project management, and construction in electrical transmission and distribution. With over 70 years' experience combined in this industry alone, Ampirical’s founders have a long history of fulfilling their mission in Engineering Power-ful Solutions.
The Distribution Line Engineer is responsible for the design of the electric distribution lines. This role will be responsible for the mentoring of junior Design Engineers and regular ongoing interface with the client at their offices, and occasionally in the field at walk-downs and site visits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and oversee work of junior Design Engineers:
- Conceptual routes, layouts, preliminary and detailed designs and specifications for high voltage distribution lines
- Plan and profile sheets, staking sheets, bills of materials, and stringing charts
- Design criteria
- Pole loading drawings, framing drawings, and construction drawings
- Terrain models
- Structure loading calculations
- As-built revisions
- Provide construction support
- Review and provide quality assurance for project engineering deliverables developed internally or by third parties
- Attend project site visits/walk downs
- Interface regularly with the client at their offices or in the field
- Support client’s project engineers as directed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited engineering school. Civil or Electrical Engineering Degree strongly preferred.
- Civil or Electrical PE License (or ability to obtain within 1 year)
- 3+ years transmission and/or distribution line design experience.
- Ability to prioritize work, manage tasks for multiple projects under budget, and time constraints.
- High level of personal initiative and the ability to interact with personnel, clients, and contractors.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and must be proficient on the computer.
- Experience with O’Calc or similar pole loading software strongly preferred.
The Overhead Distribution Line Engineer will report to more senior personnel for each project, will interface with other members of the department, and have a frequent interface with the client at their office. Travel out of town for short periods may be required by project and assignments.
Interested in Engineering Power-ful Solutions? Take a look at the link below to see why working at Ampirical is much more than a job...https://youtu.be/ilneslhRWWY