District Manager (Internal Name: Retailer)
Salary: $99,000 annually
Location: Houston, TX
- Must be located/willing to relocate within 60 miles driving distance of 3+ Lush stores in Houston, TX.
The Retailer has an essential role in developing, communicating and executing the company vision and enabling our shops to articulate that vision at every level. You hold sacred our Lush culture and values through fearless leadership and owning the experience of every employee and customer in your stores. You grow talent by motivating, encouraging and coaching your Store Managers and shop staff to their highest potential; you know how to be curious about their opportunities and career ambitions and how to be real with feedback and support.
Lush values people that can adapt and evolve to the needs of our business, analyze and interpret metrics and translate strategy into behaviors which drive sales and improve profitability. Our Lush employees live with purpose, finding their connection with the values of our business, bringing their work and life paths into one holistic journey.
You have the autonomy in how you approach your work and the core responsibilities of this job include:
Support North American stores through bespoke, retail-focused visits, spending time on the sales floor identifying opportunities, and coaching to drive sales.
- Identify sales growth opportunities, create and implement initiatives to challenge the status quo and drive business results forward.
- Encourage Store Managers to run their businesses as entrepreneurs with inspiration and innovation to drive business results through autonomous decision making. Protect business outcomes by holding your Store Managers accountable to their results and contributions.
- As the Retailer, it is your responsibility to performance manage any Store Managers who are not able to meet the expectations of their role. You balance analysis, experience, and perspective when making decisions about performance concerns and create action plans to improve engagement, demonstrating empathy and considering individuals when approaching performance concerns.
- Guide Store Managers in the creation and execution of business plans to drive sales and profitability by leveraging your areas of expertise.
- Represent the brand as you recruit and network a strong talent pool of Store Managers. Hold your Store Managers accountable to building and maintaining a bench of succession within their own teams.
- Support Store Managers in fostering an environment where positivity, creativity, and fun is part of the store culture and dynamic.
- Develop Store Managers to creatively build their business and brand awareness using Lush resources.
- Make strategic decisions to manage profit and protect business assets; related to but not limited to labor, inventory, and travel spending.
- Support Store Managers engaging their local communities to identify business opportunities, attract new customers, and expand the reach of Lush.
Foster Store Manager’s career development to maximize retention, minimize turnover, and build people's skills to support business needs.
- Support store openings and relocations.
- Ensure the stores are consistent in providing engaging events and world-class customer service.
Retail Team Participation:
Align with the Retail Support Team to ensure the North American and global strategies are activated with each team member you encounter, helping folks understand their role in bringing it to life. You hold shared responsibility for the sales results across our business - prioritize and action sales opportunities within your stores to strive towards excellent business drivers.
- The Retailer role is about human connection, putting the customer at the heart of the business, and driving sales to reinvest into our shops and staff. You bring the fun, excitement, and creativity to your role and with your teams.
Represent the Retail experience in collaborative and cross functional work with other support teams to ensure consistency across the Lush brand.
- Ensure the proper and timely execution of Lush campaigns, merchandizing, new product launches, training and other brand initiatives
- Lead inclusively to identify and address Diversity Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) challenges within stores and utilize Lush resources to proactively manage employee relations and engagement opportunities while promoting training, programs and goals.
- Highlight and promote Lush ethics, values and thought leadership with regards to sustainability, ethical buying and Charity Pot sales
- Strategic participation in meetings throughout North America and globally.
You bring the following qualifications:
- 3+ years experience as a retail manager driving sales and creating world class customer experiences.
- 1+ years experience supporting remote locations, developing teams, and elevating sales opportunities.
- Track record of developing talent to impact performance, progressively managing performance, hiring, training, engagement, employee relations, and DEIB.
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Mastered skills in analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
- Proficient in Google Workspace, and adaptable to other systems as required.
- Ability to travel up to 50% within the US, Canada, and the UK.
- 1+ years multi unit experience
- Degree or coursework in business, commerce, or communication
- Experience in the cosmetics and beauty industry
- Experience in cross cultural collaboration and DEIB or social justice training
- Fluency in Spanish, French or other languages