Circle Pharma is a pre-clinical stage, life sciences company discovering and developing macrocycle therapeutics, with an initial focus in oncology. Our discovery platform allows us to address challenging therapeutic targets such as intracellular protein-protein interactions.
Our structure-based drug discovery platform encompasses target affinity, cell permeability, medicinal chemistry and macrocycle synthesis, tightly integrated with biochemistry and cellular biology. We have recently closed a $66M Series C round of funding, with investments from premier life science investors, The Column Group and Nextech Invest, and we are looking to expand our team. We seek candidates who desire to make key contributions to help drive our growth. For more information about Circle Pharma, please see our website, www.circlepharma.com
We are seeking a highly talented and motivated DMPK Scientist to join our DMPK team in this newly created role. Our successful candidate will possess a deep passion for drug discovery, coupled with a track record of accomplishments and expertise in early drug discovery and preclinical development. Our DMPK scientist will play a key role in collaborating with the Circle team to build a pipeline of novel therapeutics, based on our macrocycle chemistry platform.
What You'll Do:
- Work with the Head of our DMPK group to support the advance of our programs in the pre-clinical pipeline to candidate nomination for IND enabling studies
- Work internally with Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacology and Biology teams for appropriate selections of compounds for ADME assays, experiment design and data interpretation
- Manage planning and delivery of research compounds to CROs for in-vitro and in-vivo ADME studies
- Coordinate activities between CROs and internal DMPK team and other functional leads for protocol finalization, logistic arrangement, and timeline tracking
- Monitor studies at CRO to ensure timely delivery and high-quality of conduct
- Review critically study reports and interpret DMPK data for internal assimilation
- Identify key DMPK issues and design in vitro and in vivo ADME experiments to address these
- Coordinate internally with various functional leadership teams and assist in developing strategies for early ADME profiling in support of discovery and preclinical development efforts
- BS, or MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical or Biological Sciences with 8-10+ years of relevant work experience in DMPK in the biopharmaceutical industry or CRO supporting pharmaceutical development, OR Ph.D with 3-6+ years of work experience in the pharmaceutical industry in DMPK
- Experience managing the outsourcing of ADME, bioanalytical, and PK studies in support of discovery efforts.
- Proven ability in ADME/PK supporting drug discovery projects from early lead optimization to candidate selection and preclinical development
- In-depth knowledge of DMPK science in drug discovery and preclinical development. Broad background in all aspects of drug discovery and early development, with working knowledge of medicinal chemistry, in vivo pharmacology, and IND-enabling studies
- In-depth understanding of regulatory guidance for DDIs and other requirements for IND filings.
- Ability to maintain detailed documentation and keep internal database up to date
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong record keeping and data management skills
- Collaborative, team-oriented mindset with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in writing regulatory reports
Circle Pharma is a dynamic start-up company, and our successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. Circle offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off, in addition to Company observed holidays. The Company provides Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, along with a retirement savings plan which includes employer contributions. We promote a culture in which employees are respected and rewarded for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
Circle Pharma is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
While COVID-19 has affected the way we operate, we are still hiring, and look forward to receiving your application! Here at Circle Pharma, the health of our team members is a top priority. Currently we have modified work arrangements, including both on-site and remote working. Our application process for prospective new team members will include initial virtual video interviews and may also include limited in-person interviews during which we will pay special attention to the distance and hygiene rules recommended by the CDC. New employees who do not start on site in our laboratory facilities are provided with IT supplies to work remotely and will be on-boarded virtually whenever possible. We recognize that these are difficult times, and are we doing everything possible to keep our employees safe while also conducting our work to bring new cancer therapies to patients.