Summary: Our client seeks a DSP engineer to join their established R&D Team.
Salary: £40,000 - £80,000 per annum (dependent on skill set and experience)
What you'll do
- DSP algorithm development, implementation, and optimization
- This includes both high-level modeling (MATLAB, C/C++, VST plugins) and assembler-level optimization on the target platforms.
- Testing own code, both digitally and sonically on amps and products throughout the process.
- Assisting in project planning, scoping and problem-solving in terms of software.
- Other duties within the skill set but not necessarily role scope as and when (creative design input, attending meetings, etc.)
- Guitar player, with a first-hand understanding of products in the wider Musical Instrument market
- Several year (minimum 2+) commercial experience as an Audio-specific DSP engineer
- DSP development for embedded hardware
- Practical experience using the JUCE framework
- Experience in assembler-level optimization (ARM cortex M/SHARC) to build and test own work
- Experience in testing audio algorithms and audio processing blocks
- Excellent demonstrable Embedded C programming skills
- Excellent C++ (OOP) programming skills
- Solid understanding of fundamental DSP theory
- Critical listening experience
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles
- Understanding of/experience developing VST plugins
Nice to have
- Optimization on out-of-order architectures
- Real-world modeling of audio systems
- Independent and self-reliant, being able to work without close supervision, in addition to having a team mentality
- Working within a KPI (Key Performance Indicator) source.