Hermeus is an aerospace and defense technology company founded to radically accelerate air travel by delivering hypersonic aircraft. The company aims to develop hypersonic aircraft quickly and cost-effectively by integrating hardware-rich, iterative development with modern computing and autonomy. This approach has been validated through design, build, and test of the company’s first combined turbojet-ramjet engine and is now being scaled through its first flight vehicle program, Quarterhorse. Hermeus is also developing Darkhorse — an uncrewed hypersonic aircraft designed to deliver unique asymmetric capabilities to the warfighter.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Dynamics Engineer to join our Vehicles Analysis Team. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in the design, analysis, and optimization of our high-speed aerospace vehicles, ensuring their performance, stability, and safety through rigorous dynamics analysis.
- Dynamics Analysis: Conduct advanced dynamics analysis to assess the performance and stability of aerospace vehicles under various operating conditions, including takeoff, flight, and landing.
- Vehicle Design: Collaborate with design engineers to integrate dynamics principles into the design process, ensuring the creation of aerodynamically efficient and structurally sound vehicles.
- Simulations: Utilize state-of-the-art simulation tools to model and evaluate the behavior of our vehicles under different scenarios, identifying potential issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Vibration Analysis: Perform vibration analysis to assess and mitigate the impact of dynamic forces on vehicle structures and systems.
- Optimization: Work on optimizing vehicle dynamics, ensuring they meet performance requirements and adhere to safety standards.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including aerodynamicists, structural engineers, and propulsion engineers, to ensure alignment on design and analysis goals.
- Documentation: Maintain detailed records of analysis procedures, results, and recommendations, and contribute to comprehensive technical reports.
- Innovation: Identify opportunities for innovation and contribute to the development of next-generation aerospace vehicles through advanced dynamics analysis techniques.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field. A Ph.D. is advantageous.
- Proven experience in aerospace dynamics analysis, particularly in high-speed flight systems.
- Proficiency in dynamics simulation software and tools.
- Strong knowledge of structural analysis and finite element analysis.
- Familiarity with industry standards and regulations related to aerospace vehicle dynamics.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and collaboration abilities.
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A passion for pushing the boundaries of aerospace technology and a commitment to safety and excellence.
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.