Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 650 people, powering operations in 21 countries (and counting!).
Named one of the World's Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact
. We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of more than 1,000,000 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.
Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.
As a key member of the Merchandising team, you will be responsible for improving product discovery for users on both Web and App. You will work closely with our Product team on optimising navigation flows, roadmap prioritization, and autonomously leveraging existing tools to increase user engagement.
The E-Merchandising Specialist’s focus is on helping users discover our products on both Web and App, using tools such as navigation, onsite search, and listing pages to ensure our users receive a seamless shopping experience. The E-Merchandising Specialist must understand how the user browses on both Web and App and identify navigation blockers to provide and execute solutions.
YOUR MISSION (IF YOU ACCEPT IT): 🏅
- Ensure users discover relevant products on Web and App
- Develop and execute the Merchandising strategy for a comprehensive user navigation, maximizing the volume of users seeing product pages and ensuring exposure to relevant products.
- Utilize data analytics tools and user behavior data to gain insights into user navigation patterns and preferences.
- Continuously monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess strategy effectiveness.
- Collaborate closely with Marketing teams, Seller teams, and Product teams, to curate and showcase products that align with user interests and trends.
- Grow the product list page conversion rate through optimized product positioning and filter management
- Collaborate with the Content team to ensure that relevant products are strategically placed and promoted throughout the website and in-app.
- Strategic planning with stakeholders
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional teams, including product managers, UX/UI designers, and developers, to implement structural improvements in the user journey.
- Act as point of contact and subject matter expert within Marketing and Product teams.
- Work with Marketing teams to segment users and tailor navigation paths and content recommendations to different user groups.
- Generate and propose creative and forward-thinking ideas that will contribute to creating a memorable purchasing experience.
- Be the spokesperson for product list page and searchbar engagement, running monthly performance reviews to share with senior stakeholders.
- Be a regional stakeholder
- Be the representative for the Merchandising scope regionally and monitor the Merchandising business performance for the region.
- Collaborate with local country managers to localize the merchandising scope and best address consumption habits.
YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE IF YOU HAVE: ⭐
- Experience in merchandising, product marketing, e-commerce, or a similar role in a marketplace environment
- Strong understanding of customer shopping behaviours online
- Excellent communication skills, especially across different countries and cultures
- Proficiency in data analysis tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Amplitude)
- Knowledge of SQL, Big Query or Snowflake
- Exceptional communication, leadership, and collaboration skills
- Ability to make business decisions with a data-driven approach
- Strong collaboration skills and stakeholder management
- Self-motivated, ability to be proactive in a fast-paced environment
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ? ✌🏼
- A meaningful job: you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- A meaningful company: we became a mission-driven company in January 2022.
- Be part of a worldwide growing company based in Europe, the USA and Asia to face great challenges : you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Work alongside passionate experts: who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow in your career.
- Grow your career: with a flexible career path and a dedicated Learning & Development team. Back Market will help you evolve with personalized internal trainings and external handpicked providers from day 1!
- Leadership Academy by Back Market:“be a coach not a dictator” is at the core of this program ! We train and enable all our leaders to support their team towards achieving goals. Be a manager at Back Market is an unique experience we take by heart.
- An attractive salary, equity and a host of benefits including : Lunch voucher, health insurance, relocation package, paid time off for activism in your community, parental benefits, flexible hours, etc…
- Remote friendly company : up to 3 days of remote work per week!
- One Loving Tribe: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
- Be part of one of our Employee Resource Groups createdaround shared identities, common backgrounds and/or special interests crafted to be a safe space and an expressive outlet.
- Several internal events: The Monday Brief (weekly)/ The Somehands (monthly)/ The All Hands (annual).
- We’re here to SABOTAGE: It’s our mantra. It keeps us focused on what we aspire to be: a little bit sneaky, always smart, kinda frugal and constantly conspiring to create maximum impact.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer which means we pledge to not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.. If reasonable accommodations are needed for the interview process, please do not hesitate to discuss this with the Talent Acquisition Team.
Back Market is helping to address one of the biggest challenges of our time: climate change. We take this so seriously that we were awarded status as a “Société à Mission”, or company with a social mission, by the French government. We know we can’t tackle a global problem without a globally representative team so we are committed to embedding diversity, equity and inclusion principles in every aspect of our organization. But more importantly, being One Loving & Free Spirited Tribe is in our DNA as it is one of the five foundational values of our company since we got started way back in 2014. We are committed to hiring and supporting diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We know our lofty goals cannot be reached unless everyone has a seat at the table along with the resources and opportunity to grow.