The Community Health Worker (CHW) plays a vital role in running Connect For Life, our groundbreaking program that connects neighbors for better health, empowering them to live longer, healthier lives while finding joy in one another’s company. Reporting to the Area Manager, the CHW is a trusted community member who serves as a link between health, and social services and our members and those who support them to increase access to and improve the quality of services. The successful CHW will radiate confidence and empathy, establish trust with our members, and skillfully switch between group and one-on-one interactions. They will utilize multiple means as necessary to connect and engage with members, including in-person group meetings, one-on-one home visits, and telephone outreach.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply!
The CHW’s responsibilities include:
- The CHW is an integral part of the member’s care team and works closely with the Case Manager.
- The CHW will lead the Connect For Life program, using Wider Circle’s approved curriculum and materials to build trust, promote health, and encourage engagement.
- The CHW will plan, promote, and host virtual and in-person events for members, fostering relationships with and among members to support wellness outcomes.
- On a regular cadence and as needed, the CHW will reach out to members(by phone and in-person) to check-in with them, identify and address needs, and encourage participation in local events.
- As needed, the CHW will conduct home visits to support members, provide health and social support resources, and encourage participation in the Enhance Care Management program compliance with the care plan.
- The CHW will establish/maintain partnerships with local community-based organizations to bring additional resources to our members' attention.
- The CHW will record details of interactions with members in the case management system (CMS) using a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- The CHW will be accountable for achieving membership growth targets, engagement, and retention goals and monitor the success of their efforts by tracking member attendance, feedback, and other metrics.
- The CHW will identify members who are natural leaders and invite them to serve as Connect For Life Ambassadors who will assist in connecting with members and organizing member meetings.
The Community Health Worker will regularly be required to perform the following essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities. The essential functions are:
- Successfully work in a remote team environment
- Safely and consistently drive to public places up to 50 miles away from their home
- Frequently carry up to 30 pounds of supplies
- Frequently stand and speak publicly including projecting their voice in indoor and outdoor spaces in front of groups
- Routinely sit, stand, and walk to allow for interaction with members for the duration of a member meeting, home visit, or one-on-one interaction
- Ability to see and hear well enough to interact with members by phone and in person and respond to member questions
- Ability to use a computer, tablet, smartphone, or other device to update information in different secure systems
The Successful CHW will:
- Embrace a remote team working environment; working independently with little oversight
- Understand the socio-economic and public health challenges facing disenfranchised people
- Have Enhanced Care Management or complex care management experience
- Have 3+ years of relevant community outreach, teaching, facilitation, volunteer, or healthcare experience
- Have a high school diploma or GED; a college degree is desirable
- Have excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal, and be comfortable speaking one-on-one and to larger groups
- Have an outgoing personality and unwavering, positive attitude, with the ability to comfortably engage with others in-person and via video conference or phone
- Love building relationships and networking and have a knack for motivating and influencing different types of people
- Great at organizing, prioritizing, and following through on commitments
- Have strong computer skills and the ability to navigate web-based and app-based systems
- Have reliable transportation and be comfortable traveling to members’ homes
- Willing to commute 20 - 50 miles
- Have a flexible schedule and be able to work outside of regular business hours and when necessary
- Be committed to a drug-free workplace and ready for pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
- $20.00-$22.00 hr- pay is commensurate with experience
- Opportunity too grow with the company
- Flexible schedule
- Opportunity to make the world a better place
- This is a contract position
Wider Circle is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion supports our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We believe in empowering people and valuing their differences. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.