Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly.
We’re building a library of world-class instructional and practice resources that empowers students throughout their formal education. Whether they’re studying mitosis, monopolies, or Marbury v. Madison, we want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything.
As a Content Manager for Economics and Business, you’ll oversee the development and success of content in our Economics and Business subject areas. You’ll conceptualize and execute a strategy to create and curate content, and you’ll be responsible for driving learning time on Khan Academy as well as ensuring the ongoing quality of the content in your subjects. You’ll own these efforts but won’t be working in isolation; you’ll be working closely with other members of the content team, across other functions at Khan Academy, and many outside organizations/partners as well.
- Develop the content roadmap for your subject areas based on research, analytics, and an intuition for learner needs
- Define and iterate upon processes for creation and curation of content within your subjects
- Lead the execution of creation and curation projects within your domain.
- Actively track the performance and usage of content in your domain; be accountable for delivering on subject specific targets
- Be accountable for content from contractors and 3rd parties used to build out your domain
- Scope and own projects to improve content within your domain and contribute to investigative projects to improve KA’s understanding of what makes great content
- Leverage analytics, community features, and campaigns to attract and retain learners within your domain
- Advocate for your learners internally and externally. Be the standard bearer for user empathy within your domain
- Contribute to partner-driven content projects
- Be the editorial authority in your content area by creating and reviewing new content, participating in the maintenance of existing content, and working with partners
- Contribute to the long-term strategic direction of Khan Academy’s content efforts
- Proven ability to create high-impact learning content in your discipline
- Deep expertise in your subject area
- Highly analytical and able to make tough prioritization calls in service of most critical metrics
- The desire to take leverage online tools to publish quickly, gather user feedback, and iterate on content
- Willingness to take risks, experiment, and learn from successes and failures
- Strong interest in building replicable systems and minimizing unnecessarily reinventing the wheel
- Desire to teach at scale, engage with a broad array of learners, and question your ingoing assumptions about what's most important for learners
- Desire to move quickly and to find ways to take advantage of existing tools and technology, even if imperfect
- Experience teaching your subject area, formally or informally
- Experience leading collaborative work on time-sensitive projects
- Great intuition for how students like to learn and insight into common misconceptions
- An entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias toward action
- Impeccable written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Computer skills (fluent with Google docs and spreadsheets) and a willingness to learn new tools
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world
- The ability to work full time from our offices in Mountain View, CA
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- Highly competitive salaries
- Ample paid time off as needed – we’re about getting things done, not face time
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work on high-impact content that's already defining the future of education and improving students’ lives
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your resume and a brief cover letter explaining why you’re interested in this job. In addition, complete the following tasks:
- Create or send us an existing video showing your explanation of a core concept in an area of your choosing that you would be proud to put on Khan Academy.
- In no more than one page, tell us what you'd do in your first 30 days in this role toward the goal of quickly assembling a library of video and text content for your subject area
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.