Who are we?
TechHub launched nine years ago and has worked with over 3000 early-stage tech companies to help startups at all stages grow. We work with over 400 startups and scale-ups in London and more in Riga, Bucharest and Swansea. The TechHub network unites startups building their own tech products, enabling them to collaborate, work smarter, develop faster, go global and increase their chances of success.
We’re hiring an Ecosystem Development Manager to help us grow through lead generation and network marketing, to bring great new companies into the TechHub community so they’re supported through our programme and workspace.
What’s our team like?
You will be in excellent company - every TechHub team member is smart, fun, friendly and great to work with. Our team is more than six different nationalities, and our members are from over 40 countries.
You will work closely with our Programme Team (who build and delivers the TechHub support and acceleration programme) and our Community Development Team (who connects the TechHub community and its member startups).
What’s the role like?
If you’re looking to work in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing and never boring; where you’ll support smart, creative and inspiring individuals that are developing innovative tech products...keep reading...
Our Ecosystem Development Managers are our external champions, lead generators and sales people. You’ll represent the TechHub community within the wider ecosystem, acquire new TechHub members, and bring together like-minded startups who understand the value of collaboration and are able to positively contribute to each others’ development. You’ll lead our engagement with external organisations to ensure that everyone in the ecosystem knows TechHub and how we can help them
- Lead business development - you are responsible for anything and everything related to TechHub membership and business development opportunities, with a key focus on membership lead generation / customer acquisition to grow the TechHub community.
- Grow our engagement with stakeholders in the tech ecosystem - you will represent TechHub externally, raising awareness of our brand and creating opportunities for meaningful engagement with key stakeholders within the wider ecosystem - startups, investors, business support organisations and others. Network marketing by being an engaged attendee at events and staying connected with your own network in the tech and business community.
- Marketing and communications - you will lead promotional campaigns, track success and ROI, and ideally assist with social media and blogging if you have those skills too.
- Brand awareness and outreach - this will involve hosting relevant events with external audiences (talks, round tables, VIP tours), participating in conferences and speaking engagements, networking, and more.
- Assess and manage partnerships - creating opportunities to engage with relevant partners in a way that generates maximum value for our community and the partner.
Our ideal candidate
You’ll be an essential member of the team and we will rely on you to be a friendly, knowledgeable and professional face of TechHub. You are:
- Experienced in lead generation, customer acquisition, business development, sales-focused marketing - top-notch commercial, lead-gen marketing and communication skills are fundamental to this role. This may be through a combination of experience in running cost-effective campaigns using Google AdWords, Facebook, Twitter, through network marketing, cold-outreach, great prospect research and more.
- Commercially-minded - you are comfortable speaking the language of marketing/sales funnels, and can creatively manage both the strategic and tactical elements of customer acquisition.
- Immersed in the London tech startup ecosystem - experience working in the tech startup ecosystem is essential to this role. At least one year’s experience selling to early-stage technology companies is a must-have.
- Process-driven, proactive - while you're great at jumping on opportunities that come up, you have strong skills in creating processes to ensure that you have a plan for success and you’re able to report on your activity.
- Comfortable working autonomously and within a team - our team is small, so being able to balance independence with collaboration is really important.
- The kind of person who goes the extra mile – you’re genuinely helpful and committed; and these qualities won’t go unnoticed with us, we believe in giving credit where credit’s due.