Official job summary:
This position requires that the candidate be both a strong communicator and a self-starter. Working closely with a content team based in New York and Philadelphia, we're seeking a Nashville-based candidate to represent the content team in the local office. The candidate should be tech savvy, a quick learner, energetic, highly professional and able to work independently and with a team.
Experience creating/editing spreadsheets is essential. Experience editing content is helpful, if even only in college. Experience with health topics is a plus. In addition to embracing Dr. Axe's core values — that include transforming lives with big vision, goals and audacious action — the new member of our growing team will have a strong interest in the growth of our online networks and audience.
Why we need this person:
CCO needs help for mundane, “nitty-gritty” tasks that can eat up time — make content team more efficient and allows CCO to spend even more time on high-level work. Plus be good to groom a young editor who can grow in the company. Also, important to have a young, tech-savvy person to help our site continue to flourish.
Hours of work/week:
FT (40 hours a week)
Reports to: Ethan Boldt, CCO
- Be an extension of the Chief Content Officer and assist him in his various projects
- Assist in organizing the CCO’s schedule when necessary
- Excel and enjoy organizing content spreadsheets for our articles, keywords, rankings, etc.
- Ability to clean up old articles and insert internal links from recent articles in older ones.
- Able to do editorial research.
- Learn how to perform keyword research and have an interest/knowledge of SEO.
- Assist in finding capable freelancer writers.
- Help out the newsletter, partnership and programs editors when necessary.
- Learn how to create infographic content.
- Apply his/her skill in potentially writing small articles and/or editing.
- Assist in Nashville video production when needed.
- Be a team player in the Nashville office, which will mean occasionally helping out other teams when necessary.
1. Excellent organizer
2. Great communicator
3. Very detail-oriented
4. Ability to write/edit + research
5. SEO interest
7. Hard worker