Position: Editorial Director, Fortune CEO Initiative
Fortune, the world's premier business media brand, is also the quality leader in executive conferences (Fortune Live Media). Extending the publication’s award-winning content and exclusive insider access, Fortune brings together the world's business executives with top government officials and thought leaders. Each year, Fortune hosts a select number of invitation-only meetings and membership communities for the leaders who are setting the global business agenda. Building upon Fortune’s expert reporting and unrivaled power to convene top CEOs/C-Suite, policymakers, and experts, Fortune Live Media convenes extraordinary gatherings of the world’s most important decision-makers. Fortune conferences, which rely on both the moderating skills of Fortune’s top editors and peer-level interaction across industries, are renowned for their ability to tap into the insights of global business leaders and provide a world-class experience for every participant.
Reporting to both the Editor in Chief and the Chief Operating Officer, the Editorial Director, Fortune CEO Initiative will take a leading role in shaping one of Fortune’s flagship membership communities: The CEO Initiative. This individual will collaborate with Fortune’s editorial and conference teams to continue to build the membership of CEOs inform and help set the agenda, including speakers and main stage/breakout topics, in order to bring Fortune’s journalism to life onstage. He or she will also moderate interviews on stage and emcee some of our live events, both in person and virtual, ensuring that our onstage conversations are thoughtful, relevant, and aligned with the rest of Fortune’s journalism. The right candidate will also help develop and steer new opportunities across Fortune Live Media, look for synergies across our journalism, write relevant content for both print and online, including a newsletter.
- Partners/collaborates with Fortune CEO to build out must-follow CEO coverage and a must-join CEO membership
- Interviews a CEO each week and turns the interview into a column as well as a weekend edition of CEO Daily. Fill in for CEO Daily newsletter and Leadership Next podcast as needed
- Writes cover stories and features for print and online. Helps assign quick hit stories from interviews and events to junior writers in the newsroom to build out evergreen CEO coverage and membership event highlights/reports
- Work with tech/product to create a specialized section of Fortune.com for the CEOI community where they can find relevant content.
- Expand our CEO community and related events into a must-belong membership, rethinking our current strategies, launching new initiatives, and recruiting new CEO members yearly
- Hosts CEO dinners and moderates fireside chat a few times per year as needed
- Moderates and contributes to live programming for key franchises such as Fortune Global Forum, Davos, Brainstorm Tech, Impact Initiative and others.
- Works with sales team to attract sponsors for CEO content and related events
- Collaborate with membership team recruit new members, nurture current members and increase revenue YOY.
- Direct access and mentorship from Fortune CEO and ability to build a team as CEO membership revenue grows
- 10 years of experience in journalism/interviewing with emphasis on live events, television, or radio
- Strong network of CEOs and C-Suite executives
- International experience in the field of journalism
- Knowledge and interest in global business, purpose-led companies and leaders, and economic issues
- Creative thinker and curator of ideas
- Strong sense of the topics that matter—and should matter—to global companies and leaders
- Superior communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively across functions and departments
- Effective writing skills, a record of journalistic integrity, and an eye for compelling content, both written and live media
- Strong communicator and collaborator
A few of Fortune’s perks and benefits:
22 vacation days, 11 paid holidays and an honor-based sick leave policy
Health, dental, and vision coverage (90% paid for individuals and families), plus a high-deductible health plan option where Fortune contributes to a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) plan
- Generous parental leave
- Dependent care/health care/commuter FSAs, and cell phone benefits
- Tuition reimbursement program
- A commitment to an open, inclusive and diverse work culture
For Residents of California: Our California Resident Applicant and Prospective Applicant Privacy Notice is located at this link: https://boards.greenhouse.io/fortune/jobs/4766493004.
Base salary: $200,000 - $265,000
Additional compensation will be offered