BuzzFeed's Original Projects team is looking for an editorial fellow to work full-time out of our LA office. The position requires that you’re incredibly self-motivated, keep track of trends, you’re willing to explore your own identity and share it with others. This is a full-time, paid position.
The ideal candidate is someone who likes exploring new opportunities — like when you hear about the newest fashion trend, you actually want to try it out. And this candidate will also want to work with our staff illustrators to create charts, images, and illustrations that are original to BuzzFeed. A strong voice, opinion, and sense of humor are a must.
Here are some examples of the sort of editorial content we’d want our fellow to work on:
I Tried Three Different Online Styling Services And This Is What Happened
We Tried Sticker Makeup And It Was Trash
We Wore Bralettes With Our Big Boobs For A Week And Here’s How It Went
I Cooked With Chrissy Teigen's Cookbook For A Week And It Was Delicious
You must submit a sample editorial post through our BuzzFeed Community section to be considered for this position. **Please submit links to work with your application.**
- Write, edit, and produce posts for BuzzFeed
- Keep track of trends, new products, and unique places to buy things
- Discover and tackle viral trends, especially on social media and wherever people are buying things, in an approachable way
- Make stuff that people like to share
- Generate ideas for posts that use original content — i.e. photos you can take yourself, or that an illustrator can make
- Contribute to the conversation about how we shape these kinds of posts
- Discover and tackle viral trends, especially on Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr, as well as Etsy, Amazon, and wherever else people are buying things these days
- High emotional intelligence and the ability to take perspective of others
- Knowledge and obsession with fashion, style, body positivity, trends, etc.
- Be funny, engaging, and appealing in your work
- A strong appreciation for aesthetics and design
- A competitive drive — you enjoy winning, really going for it
- Willingness to collaborate with multiple writers and work in teams
- Experience using social media platforms including Pinterest, Tumblr and Instagram
- No haters!
Create a profile on BuzzFeed and publish at least two (2) posts that show off your internet chops and writing prowess. THIS IS REQUIRED (please include RE: BUZZFEED APPLICATION at the very beginning of any submitted posts)
- A few short paragraphs explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position with a link to BuzzFeed profile / sample posts
- A resume.
- Links to your social media accounts, such as a Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, or personal blog.