Who We Are
Our team of innovators and visionaries is passionate about pushing the envelope and taking bold risks that inspire people to realize their potential. With our HQ in Los Angeles, Miami, and our two offices in Ohio, we’re constantly raising the bar and evolving to create a more diverse and cultivating work environment.
We develop our digital platforms and promote industry-leading products across online, mobile, social, and retail markets. Integra Beauty has created L’ange, Upness, and OFIR three leading consumer goods brands that are paving the way for unlimited brand incubation. Our team is at the forefront of emerging trends and we are looking for like-minded individuals to continue growing our company.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Education & Testing Specialist is responsible for:
- Product Testing and Evaluation:
- Testing Protocols: Develop and manage comprehensive testing protocols and procedures to evaluate the safety, quality, and performance of our hair care and styling products.
- Stylist & Tester Management: Recruit, develop, and coordinate stylists and testers to execute the needed product testing.
- Product Qualification: Conduct testing to determine if products perform as desired highlighting gaps between observed results and the success criteria defined by the product developer.
- Third-Party Collaboration: Coordinate product testing with external laboratories and experts, ensuring that all necessary tests are conducted in accordance with industry standards and regulations, especially for claims support testing.
- Data Analysis: Collect and analyze testing data to generate the business intelligence needed as input for product development and marketing decisions surrounding product effectiveness, safety, and areas for improvement.
- Documentation: Maintain detailed records of all testing procedures, data, and outcomes, and collaborate with the Compliance Engineer to ensure product compliance.
- Quality Assurance: Collaborate with engineering and team to ensure products meet established specifications and standards.
Education and Training:
- Product Knowledge: Develop a deep understanding of our hair care and styling products and their benefits.
- Internal Training: Design and conduct training programs for internal teams, including sales, marketing, and customer support, to enhance their product knowledge and provide them with the tools to effectively communicate product benefits to customers.
- Educational Materials: Create educational materials, such as product manuals, training presentations, and videos, to facilitate product education for employees.
- Customer-Facing Training: Collaborate with marketing to develop educational materials for customers and distributors to effectively use our products.
- Proven experience in product testing and evaluation within the beauty, cosmetics, or personal care industry.
- Strong knowledge of testing protocols, data analysis, and quality control processes.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills for internal and external stakeholders.
- Creative and dynamic training abilities.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Proactive, ability to handle frequent change in direction and resourcefulness in solving problems.
- Willingness to manage multiple tasks at once and adhere to guidelines, budgets, and deadlines
- Comfortable working in a cross-functional fast-paced environment
- Cooperative and solution oriented attitude with executive staff, managers, and employees
- Passion for the beauty industry, market and industry trends
- Education: BA or BS preferred.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401k plan
- Additional Opt-In Insurances
- Work/Life Balance
- PTO + Sick Time Pay
Our Core Competencies
- Action – takes the organization to the next level
- Results – drives progress and excellence
- Intellect – applies knowledge and wisdom
- Adaptability – values change and complexity
- Decisiveness – acts swiftly, with purpose and integrity
- Motivation – promotes inclusion and accountability
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and should not be considered an exhaustive list of responsibilities. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the company.