Hermeus is an aerospace and defense technology company founded to radically accelerate air travel by delivering hypersonic aircraft. The company aims to develop hypersonic aircraft quickly and cost-effectively by integrating hardware-rich, iterative development with modern computing and autonomy. This approach has been validated through design, build, and test of the company’s first combined turbojet-ramjet engine and is now being scaled through its first flight vehicle program, Quarterhorse. Hermeus is also developing Darkhorse — an uncrewed hypersonic aircraft designed to deliver unique asymmetric capabilities to the warfighter.
We are seeking an individual that is rich with experience in the aviation industry. You are a driven and dynamic EHS professional, poised to lead our company's Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives. As such, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining comprehensive EHS programs to ensure the well-being of our employees and the protection of our environment.
You will play a critical role in ensuring that our operations meet or exceed regulatory compliance standards and industry best practices. Additionally, you will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to foster a culture of safety and environmental sustainability.
In this position, you will be based at our Factory in Atlanta, but will also be responsible for the implementation of the same EH&S policies at our other locations, promoting consistency, scalability, and uniformity.
- Develop and implement effective EHS policies, procedures, and programs that align with company goals and industry standards.
- Analyze and implement software database to ensure Hermeus’ compliance at all locations.
- Conduct regular risk assessments and audits to identify potential hazards and implement appropriate preventative measures.
- Ownership and update of companies Injury Illness Prevention Plan (IIPP).
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations involving occupational safety and health, waste management, environmental regulatory compliance, chemical control, industrial hygiene and fire safety.
- Lead and conduct training sessions for employees to promote awareness and understanding of EHS practices and procedures.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with regulatory agencies and industry partners, advocating for the company's commitment to environmental stewardship and employee well-being.
- Investigate incidents, accidents, and near-misses, identifying root causes and implementing corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate EHS considerations into the design and development of products and processes.
- Monitor and report key EHS performance metrics to senior management, providing recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Develop emergency response plans and ensure preparedness for various potential crises or environmental emergencies.
- Establish “Safety Teams” at all locations, consisting of a programmatic approach to ensure best-in-class process and procedures.
- Perform Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Safety Reviews, issue Hot Work Permits and ensure all contractors meet safety standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Health and Safety, or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- At least 7 years of experience in EHS management, in an aerospace or high-tech manufacturing environment.
- In-depth knowledge of EHS regulations, standards, and best practices, with a strong understanding of aerospace industry-specific requirements.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing successful EHS programs and initiatives.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a proactive approach to risk management and compliance.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) are a plus.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies and managing environmental permits and compliance reporting.
- Must be able to travel to other Hermeus locations as well as new “prospect” sites.
- Experience working with DOD, DOT, FAA and NTSB a plus.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.