To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
The Control Systems team is responsible for delivering the vehicle control, from motion control and energy management (electrical, mechanical, thermal). We’re a multidisciplinary, cross-functional team that manage the design from system architecture and controller’s hardware to the embedded software deployed to the vehicle.
Virgin Hyperloop needs an Electrical Design Engineer, Embedded to contribute to the overall embedded control solution by specifying, designing, and maintaining the embedded controller and other embedded hardware. The candidate will support the full Hyperloop product life cycle, developing the motion control strategy (propulsion, braking, levitation, and guidance characteristics) for a unique vehicle concept.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Hands on work bringing up and supporting embedded platforms for Control Systems and other teams, with a focus on circuit design and PCB layout
- Experience with full design cycle of development of new embedded hardware including: requirements, schematic design, layout, managing fabrication process, and testing
- Comfortable with design and verification of PCB schematics including microcontroller/FPGA, signal conditioning, power supply, and analog/digital control circuitry
- Comfortable designing and verifying PCB layout design and manufacturing drawings
- Specify PCB components to meet performance and industrial/avionic environment requirements: wide temperature range, low pressure, high vibration, etc
- Digest system requirements and develop board specific design requirements and guidelines
- Work closely with and manage vendors as needed for board design through manufacturing
- Work with other teams to ensure design compatibility
- Conduct or work with electrical technicians to build and test circuit prototypes,
- Perform and/or manage rework of board designs, as appropriate
- Understand electrical system design and integration practices
- Familiarity and experience working within a standard such as EN50155 and associated standards
- Familiar with EMI/EMC design concerns
- Circuit/Network Analysis
- Support embedded architecture design
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering or another related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience on designing PCBs including microcontroller/FPGAs
- Familiar with circuit simulation tools, e.g., Matlab Simulink, LTSpice, etc.
- Hands-on experience with PCB and embedded troubleshooting
- Up-to-date knowledge on relevant design standards
- Familiar with Altium Designer, AutoCAD Electrical
- Excellent communication skills
NICE TO HAVE
- 4+ years of hand on experience with designing and developing embedded hardware including microcontroller/FPGAs, high speed digital signals, analog circuitry; with strong emphasis on full design cycle of new hardware (not incremental updates to existing projects/hardware)
- Experience with sensors and data acquisition system, e.g., Labview
- Experience with designs around functionally safe standards
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
Now is your chance to leave your mark on the future. If the thought of building a sustainable, completely new form of high-speed transport sounds exciting, come join our team. Virgin Hyperloop is the first company in the world to have put passengers on a Hyperloop system, and now we’re creating an all-electric cargo transport system for the third millennium. Work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with the best of the best in engineering talent. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do something that’s never been done before, a history-making, global solution that will shape the future of logistics and mobility.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health, vision, dental coverage, and 401(k). We also offer a generous daily lunch stipend, a dog-friendly environment, unlimited vacation for exempt employees, and a culture that values diversity and inclusion.
For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.