Double Good’s mission is to create joy. We create joy with our delectable and award-winning popcorn. We create joy with our easy-to-use fundraising platform that raises a meaningful amount of money for youth sports and activities, empowering kids to pursue their dreams. We create joy through our Kids Foundation which hosts Double Good Days events across the country to bring all-ability fun to children with special needs and their families.
As featured on the Today Show, Double Good is not just about the product; we have a strong social mission.
In this newly created role, Double Good is seeking an Electrical Engineer excited by the opportunity to help us automate our shipping and manufacturing processes. You will evaluate our current systems and work with leadership and consultants to improve and automate current processes to improve safety, product quality, and overall equipment efficiency.
As part of our team, you will create automated systems for use in a production and manufacturing environment. You will collaborate with departmental and corporate leadership to determine existing automation capabilities and future opportunities, creating detailed project road maps for automation projects that support our business objectives. You will program existing and new equipment as well as proactively train and help upskill the existing team.
This role will be onsite in our Burr Ridge & Elmhurst facilities 5 days / week.
About the role:
- Determine best practices for safety around automated equipment in collaboration with the employee health and safety team to improve current safety systems and culture.
- Determine best inspection equipment for our process. The individual will be responsible for acquiring and installing, with support of contractors, any applicable quality inspection equipment. Role will also look to improve current product quality through automated equipment control
- Select, acquire, install and support quality inspection equipment with support from technical team members and external contractors to improve current product quality and advance automation.
- In both our shipping and production facilities, integrate OEE systems and provide leadership for all electrical and PLC controls to increase efficiency and scalability.
- As the organizational SME in process automation and PLC implementation, accountable for delivering multiple annual projects as a leader, individual contributor and/or collaborator.
Experience & Skills we value:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, ideally focused on mechanical or electrical engineering
- Demonstrated success design and implementation of automated systems specifically related to manufacturing, with 5+ years of experience
- Programming experience including PLC (programmable logic controllers) integration (Allen Bradley, Beckhoff, or similar) and effective HMI (human machine interface) development experience (Ignition, FactoryTalk ME & SE)
- Familiarity with NFPA 70e and all associated electrical safe work practices
- Effective problem solver including proficiency at troubleshooting and maintaining automation equipment and packaging equipment, including performing complex systems tests
- Demonstrated ability to continually upgrade technical knowledge and help Double Good’s team stay abreast of emerging trends and best practices.
Nice to have and/or you’ll learn:
- Previous experience and/or highly motivated to upskill existing team members as production is more automated
- Masters degree in relevant engineering specialty
- Implementation and/or support of robotics (Yaskawa), AI, and machine learning
- Previous experience with VFFS machines
- Previous experience in technical continuous improvement is beneficial using Six Sigma, 5S, root cause analysis, and/or CPS
- PMP Certification
About Double Good:
We’re on a mission to create more joy in people’s lives, and that includes our internal employees. We create a place people love to be a part of, where people can discover and practice their unique skill sets, a place where they can contribute and do their best work. We do this by offering our employees:
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account / Health Savings Account
- 401k with 4% Company Match
- Generous PTO
- 11 Holidays in the year
- Paid Parental Leave
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to all employees 24/7
- Company sponsored disability and life insurance
- Monthly Popcorn Allowance (yup, free popcorn)
- Volunteer opportunities with charity partners and the Double Good Kids Foundation
- Company events (Happy Hours, Ice Cream Trucks, Summer Shindig, Holiday Party)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We want our employees to reflect the diverse communities we serve. We embrace the uniqueness in everyone, and we encourage each person to be their true selves. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued here. We do not stand for discrimination or harassment of any kind. Come as you are.