eero is looking for an electrical engineer who will design, manage and test a variety of new technologies for the home connectivity. You will be in charge of product schematics and board layout as well as deep-diving into new wireless and sensor technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the rest of the hardware team to design, implement, debug, and characterize embedded systems for wireless networking applications.
- Evaluate and select electronic components based on system specifications.
- Develop and review board schematics.
- Review and optimize board layouts for signal and power integrity.
- Perform bring-up of new board designs.
- Develop hardware test plans and automation scripts for engineering and manufacturing tests.
- Participate in the process of taking eero’s hardware from the prototype stage to mass production.
- Provide engineering support to manufacturing, for both new and existing products.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Obsesses over the customer experience.
- Drives what matters. You never lose sight of the critical path and can evangelize others to follow.
- Curiosity, you get excited about things you don’t know. You ask lots of questions and go searching for answers. Geeking out is part of what makes it fun to come to work.
- Experience with high-speed board design and embedded systems.
- Hands-on experience with board bring-up and debugging.
- Familiarity with schematic capture (OrCAD) and PCB layout software (Allegro)
- Experience doing and/or supervising the layout of complex PCBs with 6 or more layers
- Proficiency in the use of electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and power supplies, as well as surface-mount soldering and rework equipment
- Basic knowledge of Python, Perl, or a similar high-level programming language
- Experience with contract manufacturing processes and practices.
- A BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.