As an intern on the Advanced Hardware Engineering team, you'll be working alongside those that architect, design, and develop our state-of-the-art hardware systems required for enabling autonomous mobility. The hardware systems are composed of engineering disciplines which work cohesively with the rest of the company for a successful product launch.
The Electrical Engineering team is responsible for the end to end design, validation, and integration of compute, network, and control modules used for making autonomous systems possible. We are looking for highly motivated, hands on, quick learning individuals who are passionate about solving problems.
- Currently working towards a B.S., M.S., Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program and within 1 year of graduation. For undergraduates, we are accepting only juniors and seniors
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Pursuing degrees in Electrical Engineering or adjacent field
- Relevant EE coursework or experience
- Familiarity with test equipment, CAD tools, scripting
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Passion for our mission
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.